New or used rear box flares?

Dimerforlife13

I got a replacement set for my car about 3 years ago through Wings West. They were actually laid up by N&J Fiberglass in Newport Beach CA, maybe you can look them up. I got all 4, plus the matching air dam, for right around $400. Futofab also sells them, and they're good quality, but they're pricey.

As for the "ugly" comments, you guys can kiss my @$$. Tired of hearing people bash the box flares. I get more comments from people about how "freakin-sick" my car looks, than any other Datsun I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot. So don't let the haters change your mind.

100_1208-2.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing to think about is that when you put box flares on you devalue the car. We are a pretty small niche (510s) and most of us dont like box flares which means its gonna be a lot harder to sell.

I think Ryne's car looks great, way better then when it was yellow.

Box flares are to each there own, i do agree they probably get alot more attention, because of the should be on a track look.

Nipple rings are very nice if you think not, it's because you have not experienced it.

Hood pins suck, however Aole had the best looking hood pins i have ever seen on his ride.

I got a replacement set for my car about 3 years ago through Wings West. They were actually laid up by N&J Fiberglass in Newport Beach CA, maybe you can look them up. I got all 4, plus the matching air dam, for right around $400. Futofab also sells them, and they're good quality, but they're pricey.

As for the "ugly" comments, you guys can kiss my @$$. Tired of hearing people bash the box flares. I get more comments from people about how "freakin-sick" my car looks, than any other Datsun I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot. So don't let the haters change your mind.

100_1208-2.jpg

Your car does look

:sick: sick

mazdatrackday012.jpg

I guess I got it all wrong when I built my race car. :(

But chicks dig it so. :fu:

What are you talking about?!?! That car looks awesome! (As a note SR240Z is probably my favorite S30, and it looks similar to your car).

As a side note, what is CSM, I would guess C Street Modified, but the SCCA only has Street Mod and Super Street Mod (I think), is it a different class/type of racing/club or am I just dumb?

yellowdatsun's car is pretty cool as far as boxed flared cars are concerned. The wheels, and the KDWs look awesome (although with tires that narrow I don't see the need for box flares). The color looks great, and it's low enough to make the boxes look ok. But would I pick it over either of the other silver/grey 510s in this thread that were flared properly, HELLS TO THE NO!

yellowdatsun: what seats are those? Looks like something in the vein of Kirkeys (aluminum shells with covers), not sure though. Also, what brakes are you running?

What are you talking about?!?! That car looks awesome! (As a note SR240Z is probably my favorite S30, and it looks similar to your car).

As a side note, what is CSM, I would guess C Street Modified, but the SCCA only has Street Mod and Super Street Mod (I think), is it a different class/type of racing/club or am I just dumb?

yellowdatsun's car is pretty cool as far as boxed flared cars are concerned. The wheels, and the KDWs look awesome (although with tires that narrow I don't see the need for box flares). The color looks great, and it's low enough to make the boxes look ok. But would I pick it over either of the other silver/grey 510s in this thread that were flared properly, HELLS TO THE NO!

yellowdatsun: what seats are those? Looks like something in the vein of Kirkeys (aluminum shells with covers), not sure though. Also, what brakes are you running?

CSM is a local thing for solo 2 (Calif Street Mod). They can't figure where to put us so they made a class for us. I guess with all the mods I have on the car it really does not fit anywhere. So CSM is kinda of a free for all. Run what ya brung as they say.

What I was getting at is I run flairs and BRE paint livery.

You guys are all missing the point, his car was already flared, and as a result it can be prohibitively expensive to make the car stock again. So once a car has box flares, it really has to stay that way. He wasn't asking opinions about box flares, he was asking where to find some.

CSM is a local thing for solo 2 (Calif Street Mod). They can't figure where to put us so they made a class for us. I guess with all the mods I have on the car it really does not fit anywhere. So CSM is kinda of a free for all. Run what ya brung as they say.

What I was getting at is I run flairs and BRE paint livery.

I disagree, you're running a BRE stripe, not BRE livery. I'm ok with that, don't love iot, but I can deal with it. The flares though, If anybody says I don't like ZG flares on an S30, they can fuck off. Also, I never said I don't like flares other than box flares on 510s, I just prefer them to be stock (box flares can always fuck off though)

You guys are all missing the point, his car was already flared, and as a result it can be prohibitively expensive to make the car stock again. So once a car has box flares, it really has to stay that way. He wasn't asking opinions about box flares, he was asking where to find some.

Initially he did not say they were for a car that was already boxed, and I merely told him not to box another 510, which turned into a discussion (this is the discussion forum, not the parts wanted forum) . Also, as far as being prohibitively expensive, I agree, deboxing a car may be prohibitively expensive, but reboxing vs. deboxing cannot be that different in cost. Also, I told him where to find some, Futo Fab. But in case he wants more options:

http://www.specialty...fiberglass.html

More F-glass parts:

http://classicdatsun.../510_glass.html

If he wants to convince his friend to debox:

http://www.alfaparts.net/dat510.html

^Holy crap, that link is awesome, I want to buy some of those and just have them, like a bunch of them.

damn im glad i got a 411, idk if i could adhere to all the rules involved with owning a 510, dont box, dont shave, no bre stripe-unless it doesnt say bre, no sunroof, side markers a must, make sure u have better looking wheels, ect ect. (i guess the only way to do it correctly is to do a full resto but that wood be wrong too since ur ditching the original paint and thats not original after that)

last i had checked as far as cars are concerned its up to the owner to do wat they like one there car. if u wanna talk about something that is way overdone as the bre stripes, there is a whole thread on rising sun hoods, roofs and doors and how to do it the correct way. which ive considered but shit maybe ill just get totally bashed for doing so. maybe i just wont post pics of my car so no one can tell me y it isnt done the right way.

my personal opinion, the full length boxes look pretty good. crucify me for saying so if u must but its a personal preference.

also nipple rings are great. the whole"the body must remain untouched"? i hope thats one of those rules to be broken cause if not im screwed with all my tats and peircings

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

100_1208-2.jpg

Exactly. Box Flares FTW.

mike you havnt lived if you think nipple piercings are useless

Ya Mike why are you always knocking them lol Dont knock it till you try it! lmao

Also I think box flares are ugly as sin.