1968 4 door 510

DREWSDIME

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have been working alot and busy selling parts so I have not had any time to work on my dime. I need to get the heater installed and do some alignment of the front tires before I can daily drive it. After spending $80 last night to fill up my truck with gas (that was with 1/4 in truck already) I need to start driving my 510 more!

• 3 months later...

Well I thought my car needed an alignment but when I jacked up th car I realized the front control arm bushings were shot! So I decided to update my car with 70-73 style control arms , but I found out its not that easy to press out the stock bushing. So I decide to use my adjustable controls arms and tc rods I have been saving for my 2 door. I also cleaned up the tie rods and put new bushings and regreased, installed G-Machine idler arm bushing, and replace center link bushing and greased and new ball joints. I finished installing all this the night before I left to Canby, I just need to jack the car back up and double check that all my bolts are tight. Now that I made some money at Canby I can finish my coilovers and install those next so I can put on my other rims.

IMG_3847.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

I finally got all the adjustable stuff adjusted right and cruised the car around all day today. What a difference with the rebuilt steering and adjustable suspension I finally can hit some corners and feel safe doing it. Took a drive to Mt. Baldy (only a few miles from my house ) and as I was cruising saw another 510 parked so I turned around and got some pictures.

IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_4271.jpg

IMG_4274.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

IMG_4272.jpg

Check out my custom hood :blink:This is what happens when someone does a shitty paint job then your car cover gets stuck to it! Its starting to grow on me. Its one of a kind! :lol:

:lol:IMG_4268.jpg

IMG_4273.jpg

Next up is coilovers so I can go more lower in the front and some other rims I want to use with smaller tires. Then some padding for my seat!

• 1 month later...

So not much done to the car since its been my daily driver for the past few months, and no garage space to work on car. I was very pleased to find very little rust in the floor boards when I stripped the factory sound proofing or what ever you want to call it. I removed all padding and used a wire wheel to remove all surface rust and old crusty shit, then sprayed rust phrohibitor spray paint next I will be using brush on seem sealer then POR 15 or something similar. Cleaned up the dash and put plastic dash cap on and I was happy with the way it came out compared to the way it looked before. I need to go moar lowr it starting to drive me crazy when I look at the car.

Heres what the back looked like before

005-14.jpg

007-11.jpg

008-9.jpg

010-6.jpg

I don't think the door panels ever came off the car before

009-6.jpgver

006-13.jpg

019-5.jpg