TopGear USA

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tons better than Supercar Battles, starring Foust, which is pig shit in a dirty condom. Or that total abortion "BullRun". Maybe this will make channels like Speed get their shit together and start producing better stuff.

Clanky start and I guess I need to warm up to the host a bit more, but, its better than a sharp stick in the eye! Still watching the original no matter what.

they seem to use the same style cameras also.. they shouldn't have a stig, they need something else .. someone else..

Someone who isnt so laid back..like that Ghostrider dude. I dont think there is nothing out fast enough to scare him. WTF is faster than that Turbo Busa? He was riding wheelies at 200+ like he was riding to work!!! And he has a really crazy stable of bikes and cars. :blink:

meh, its a advertising program disguised as 3 idiots behind the wheels of fancy cars.

just like the uk version.

just wish it wasnt such a rehash of the uk version, its like watching new versions of old episodes. i mean the ferrari chainsaw was on the uk version like 2 years ago.

i was a lil worried about a "american car bias" but seems like bbc is staying true to their original formula.

also i hate the track overlay for the star in a resonable car or whatever they call it. i dont need a atari gui to tell the car is going slow around a track, might be cool if it was some kinda split time display.

It is exactly as I suspected...

They were trying for a carbon copy of the UK show, and got it!

The show gets betterand better as it goes on ,and I expect it to stay as scripted as the UK version!

The chemistry gets better every episode, and they are playing the parts better all the time too!

Im Down!

The moonshine one is the only one I saw... I saw it when I was down in Florida last week (I don't have subscription TV).

You knew when they started that all 3 of those cars would be destroyed in the end, though the 300ZX, which wasn't particularly running well to begin with, was the only one still moving under its own power in the end. Would have had a better time on the obstacle course if the tire hadn't peeled off. Though I think the "Ricky Bobby" moment was scripted. Who knows- would need the "Inside Scoop".

2 1/2 tons of flying Cadillac... good for show, not quite practical for moving mason jars.

I've only seen 1 episode from the British original, and in that case the truck they used was destroyed as well. So, if based on what I've seen it's more of a car-demolition show than anything else.

i hate it leave talkin about cars and doin wonderful things with cars to the english they dont even tell stig jokes they suck i cant watch it even when that dudes caddy quit they didnt even try to fix it i watch richard rebuild oliver in the middle of the desert they need to tighten up it should be called bad transmission

You know, I just watched TG usa and TG original back to back. One thing that comes out glaringly is that the hosts of Original TG are a bit older. That could be one of the things that makes the original better. It's hard to fully explain but our TG hosts seem just too young. Maybe adding an older host would give it more depth. The original crew have had so many cars in their lives that they may have a better perspective. Also, being older, you start to just not give a damn about perception and image. I don't really know, just an observation. And I am not old, so it isn't an age bias thing at all. :cool:

case in point

BBC Top Gear

History Channel Top Gear

You know, I just watched TG usa and TG original back to back. One thing that comes out glaringly is that the hosts of Original TG are a bit older. That could be one of the things that makes the original better. It's hard to fully explain but our TG hosts seem just too young. Maybe adding an older host would give it more depth. The original crew have had so many cars in their lives that they may have a better perspective. Also, being older, you start to just not give a damn about perception and image. I don't really know, just an observation. And I am not old, so it isn't an age bias thing at all. :cool:

case in point

BBC Top Gear

History Channel Top Gear

Top Gear UK also started out when Jeremy was a younger guy, early episodes were vary similar to Top Gear US.

Its better than Pinks and should get better with time.