Don't buy from slodat

Let it be known that you should not buy anything from Slodat. I sent him $25 for a throttle linkage quite some time ago, and he has never sent it, and has not responded to any e-mails regarding the transaction.

I put in a complaint to paypal, so I hope to get my $25 back... but I'm not sure if paypal will go through the trouble of a forced refund for such a low dollar amount. In any event, don't buy anything from Slodat.

In other news, if anybody has a stock 510 throttle linkage (everything from the carb to the firewall), let me know.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm,

I've gotten a few comments about slodat (aka wurker) from a few people on the 510realm. I don't know slodat very well but he seemed like a very nice person the few times I met him..

Well I hope some how this all gets resolved. I remember there was a big thread on the Realm about many others who have not recieved their items from Slodat.

Hope something gets worked out..

Yes Dave, that's the same person.

I won't defend him, but I will say he's a really cool guy. His life has been crazy the last 6-8 months, and he has been hard to get a hold of.

I'm sure that he'd be happy to set things right with anyone, just be patient.

Yeah, I had the same issues with a couple of parts with him, he delivered my motor and tranny to me quickly (which I was grateful for) about 120 mile round trip for him. But I gave him a perfectly good 5-spd in trade for parts missing from the motor (that should've been there) and he took 2 months (with me badgering him) and gave me only 1 of the 2 parts I needed.

He seemed like a great guy when I met him, just must've had other shit going on?

If I make a deal with anyone, I expect them to follow thru timely. Business is business and I don't care how many personal problems they have. Their not my problems. I've been in business for many years and I have seen everything. After awhile, you get use to thinking of all that can go wrong before buying anything. You'll have to bug the heck out of him now. LOL.

If I make a deal with anyone, I expect them to follow thru timely. Business is business and I don't care how many personal problems they have. Their not my problems. I've been in business for many years and I have seen everything. After awhile, you get use to thinking of all that can go wrong before buying anything. You'll have to bug the heck out of him now. LOL.

The way I look at it also. If you say you are going to do something,then do it.

Other wise shut the pie hole.

A phone call or Email is pretty easy to do.

Unfortunately I dealt with him very recently and he didnt send what I had paid for.

I sent many emails, pm's, and phone calls. What you have to do is USE paypal when you do transactions. If you get nothing in return you have to make a claim and the offender has to produce a working tracking number within a month. Which is way more time than needed. Then if the tracking number is not produced your money will be refunded. I really like that part of paypal.

Thats what I did and I got my part from him with a nice dent in it. The packaging was not damaged. It was a NLA NOS piece. Oh well.

I have met the guy before and hung out with him in the past at Shasta but I did a little 'research' about his past and it seems he is doing the same things as before.

I am not saying anything bad about the guy but I would be careful with him right now. There is a chance he will snap out of it but maybe not.

Use paypal.

I belive this is the same guy who I bought my rear coilovers for my dime. Smooth transaction by me. Seemed like a good guy. The coilovers were just as he said to be. Of course I was at his doorstep:D

Even though this is a good comment, I just want to say that Slodat is not the guy who sells NEW coilovers. That would be me.:) Sounds like you bought a used set that I sold to Slo.

I will put in my .02 on Slo. He always did fine by me, never seemed like the type to deliberatly rip people off. Sometimes bad shit happens to good people, and can turn the world upside down for a while.

Funny I dont remember saying "NEW" next time read before you quote!

I dont like shaddy business either, but we dont know if something bad has happened, stuff is sometimes more important then business or datsun parts, belive me wait till your put in those shoes and you will know what I am saying. I just hope thats not it or isnt just an excuse.

Looks like Slo-dat finally snapped out of his slumber and responded to the paypal report. I received the package today.

Slo-dat said he's been sick. :: shrug ::

He must need that account, I guess hes going to do what he can to keep it.

Glad you got your stuff and the situation got resolved.