1982 Toyota SupraTruck

i decided to start a thread on my truck. these pics are from back in 83'. it was LA Autoshow Grand Champion winner 83'

It has a Spearco turbo boosts 12 psi. Has a complete Supra drivetrain and dash. this truck was built by a Legend in the Custom Auto business, Dick Dean. the weather and wretched ass rodents have taken their toll, its a tragic tale today. it will require a full restoration. i plan on doing just that, just not for a couple more years. back in the day, this truck was never beat! only a bad ass Mitsubishi Starion from San Diego came close. this Toyota even schooled my friends Chevy truck with a 350, 671 supercharger and dual quads. in High School my Duster ran 13.80's and it pulled me by 2 1/2 cars per gear. this is why i have a fondness for the 5MGTE.

LAautoshow83.jpg

FrontcoverMag.jpg

magpage1.jpg

magpage2.jpg

Magpage3.jpg

Magpage4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my brother bought this back in like 91' from an auto broker in corona california. nobody wanted it, cuz its a scary beast. even to work on its a challenge. Keith Dean the co-builder saw it one day and talked to my brother and told him all the history.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Keith still has a shop. I think he is in the Phoenix area. I know he builds mostly hot rods now, But you should look him up...He might have info for ya, and even some build up pictures..it doesnt seem to be in to dire straits, good luck with retore .And very cool rig...

There was a VW Squareback that Keith built for sale on The Samba last year,,,And I wanted it so bad, but just couldnt come to a deal.

2034957.jpg