Jacob's Goon Build - Now L19 powered.

Laecaon

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? That's too cold anyway. I used to swap out my old 1200's stat from 180 in the summer to 195 in the winter when I lived in Eastern Oregon. Now I run a 180 year round but put a sheet of cardboard over 1/2 the radiator when it gets cold.

I was thinking of doing that myself. Just paint the cardboard black to hide it.

I had to, I was bored, and had some paint...

SNC11249.JPG

SNC11251.JPG

SNC11252.JPG

SNC11254.JPG

And BAM!

SNC11258.JPG

Nice work there! Maybe pinstripe the lines with a red?

Haha, my friend made the same suggestion. Though I am on the fence about red. Its like the 1 color I am trying to not add to my car. I think I might try a blue, but it might not be bold enough next to the silver... decisions decisions...

I Rike Dis.

O danks!

Still need to take a pic of it on the car...

Well half of my radiator is covered. Barely helps with keeping it warm. This is after a 40 minutes of driving (without cardboard). With it goes to the next line at stops.

WP_000255.jpg

also showing us how bald your tires are and how we should stay clear of you on the road tongue.gif

While yes they are bald, they grip better than any car I have driven. They are track wheels. I got the wheels/tires from a guy who used them as his autocross wheels on a 240sx, they also show lots of camber...

i understand you there, when my friends accord tires lost all their tread and were slick, they gripped really nicely, untill the metal showed through haha. and they still have some tread which is good, just watch for puddles in corners lol. i know how that is... fun

try covering the top half. That way it stays hot longer in the radiator.

Ok, this is an agree to disagree deal here.

Yes, covering it will keep it hotter longer,

BUT if your thermostat is working correctly, then it will let coolant out of the motor at a set temp and at the same time doesnt let the cold coolant from the radiator into the motor unless the coolant in the motor is hotter than the thermostat setting.

Jacob/Jes, you both saw the size of radiator cooling my VG( was designed for a SBC in a sprint car). And it comes to temp a few minutes after startup and stays right there. Does it in 90* plus temps and in this 30* temps.

Jacob, i have had bad luck with a couple of NAPA thermostats. Yes, i got the better ones too.

Got a new thermostat in my car. Now it stays nice and warm. Which means the heater works well, actually needed to open my cooling vents. YAY!

Also got pictures of my rear seat. Bottom could use another coat, still looks a bit brown, but Im out of paint <_<

SNC11274.JPG

SNC11272.JPG