Jacob's Goon Build - Now L19 powered.

Laecaon

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got my cam... Its a complete mystery... not quite what I was expecting...

Anyways, I measure the lift, and using a 1.5 rocker ratio I got Exhaust at .477" and Intake at .479"

I am told the duration is 272...

Now to figure out what I need for caps, and stuff...

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been trying some new products. Im liking this wheel cleaner. Made the wheels on my moms car super clean! It took like 2 seconds. Next time Ill try harder.

IMG_0335.JPG

And on my wheels. My wheels actually need a real good cleaning, and polished... Kinda makes me sad...

IMG_0336.JPG

But more importantly, I wanted to see what color sanding might do to my car... I have never polished or waxed my paint, and it was kinda rough looking. I knew the paint could shine more, but its something I had not put in the time to research enough about.

Anyways, I hit part of fender with 1000grit, and then 2000 grit, and then some polish I had laying around. Results, quite awesome for just some random polish I had, and done by hand! Once I get a hold of a buffer, I think I will be able to get my car to shine!

Here is a before shot, notice the lack of definition of the trees in the paint (Yes I realize my camera wasnt focusing on anything really, but its still fairly true to what it looks like)

IMG_0334.JPG

And here is after the treatment! It feels so smooth! Now look at the trees!

IMG_0333.JPG

• Like 4

Can you say "CC"?

Im gonna put my cam in this head. W53. Im hoping with the duration of the cam, I will be able to run the head. The dealio, with my motor, a CC head will put it at 9.9:1 CR. Im hoping to still be able to run 92 octane.

WP_000098.jpg

Oh Jesus stop being a fucking pussy and do the turbo motor swap already

:rolleyes: No kidding.

If I were lucky enough to have a CA, I don't think I could be so patient about getting it in and running.

Just sell it to me; I'll give it a good home :devil:

Haha. I really want to put the CA in. really. But I am not about to take me car down for an unspecified amount of time. I really need to start collecting parts for it, and start going through it. I also need another car to drive whilst doing the swap.

Im not gonna sell the motor, doing so would be essentially giving up on my project to me. 

Things change, money comes and goes, but my car is staying reliable for me.

I dont like my job (its stupid, dead end, not much money), I really should go back to school (awesome time to do swaps...).

Score!

That one looks like it has big valves, how come every one I ever buy has small valves?

IDK, Im just lucky at JYs

• Like 1

the ca will be sweet ... definately wanna see that done right.......i got a dohc ka that my friends keep trying to get me to use on the goon but same deal ....its the parts and time that i aint got to spare....we could stat color matching the accesorys for it though.....buy a engine stand and start pulling stuff

So appearantly been having a few more electrical gremlins, which could have fooled me, except the DZ start simply geeks out when Gremlins are afoot. Well I knew something was up, and then most recently my radio lost memory... Fuse box. Replaced a couple of the connectors for the fuse box, and now everything is happy again. I like weather pak connectors...

Also, I found these on egay. Used, Kinda cheap, but they work, and they make the car sound better on acceleration, now a nice growl.

Yellow Zinc cap bolts and Nylocks hold them on.

Now to get a filter...

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I made a hole.

Car up in the air... Wagons are nice, they have these sweet spots to put jack stands to let the axle drop.

IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

So there you have it. I cut a hole. Gonna weld it tomorrow.

No brake lines were hurt in events that unfolded tonight.

Actually I bottom out right now. My bump stops on the leafs are uncut, and are 1 inch from hitting. I bottom out all the time, and its wretched.

I havent had my driveshaft hit the floor since I did the leaf bushings, but that is because the rear of the car lifted when I did the bushings.

I will be going lower soon. I need to tuck a little tire, but no rim.

So its mostly together. Welds look like shit, as I couldnt do any runs without blowing out. A few things to address that I believe, gas would be helpful... a smaller wire (.030, not .035 if I was still using flux).  My welder has A-J for voltage settings, and I had it halfway between A&B, and it would blow through in certain areas. Maybe I need to go lower and try that...

Anyways it feels strong for now, I can rock the car by grabbing it, and there is no flex. Need to make things look prettier now.

Also need to address the bottom of the car, as certain areas it was 2 ply, and I need to cap that off..., or seal it.. or something.

WP_000131.jpg

WP_000132.jpg

Next up, lowering. Cant decide how much I want to lower the back, maybe 1.5 inches...