my project 521

521master

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one spring then the flat one on my 521 and all though its low and looks good it sucks badly. When You get one the gas...shift or decelerate the ass end wobbles back and forth. I got a set of 720 leafs I'm gonna put in and find a bigger block.

I'm about to start my own 521 project...

I really like the bright green. sorry if i missed it somewhere, but are you going to paint the truck green?

I'm really looking forward to seeing that :)

I was thinking of painting mine bright blue or maybe green... but going to go for black n yellow for now :)

A friend has yellow wheels and we are going to primer it black, i'll be sure to post pics on my thread!

I'm about to start my own 521 project...

I really like the bright green. sorry if i missed it somewhere, but are you going to paint the truck green?

I'm really looking forward to seeing that :)

I was thinking of painting mine bright blue or maybe green... but going to go for black n yellow for now :)

A friend has yellow wheels and we are going to primer it black, i'll be sure to post pics on my thread!

plan was to paint it green we will see how long it takes

your truck is coming out good keep it up

thanks!

How is the ride with the leaf removed?

seat is still at the shop and i need to bleed the brakes i will let you know when i drive it although i dont expect it to be great

• 3 weeks later...

167573_1781860831544_1390148664_1974336_1233787_n.jpg

its finally on the ground again

My old 521 sat like yours. 3 inch block & only running the main & overload spring with removed bump stops. Youll want to C notch the frame soon or get used to the axle hitting the frame :cool: Believe me i love the look & i miss my 521...

3-11newstaris.jpg

How do you guys get the front soo low? Im new to 521's and trying to figure out their weird front setup.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

its not dead i rebuilt the carb and got it running again i wont be getting rid of it i just had a kid around the same time i started this thread and the seat still isnt done :P but i will be working on that this week if i have any progress from my garage it will be posted other wise it sits in the dark untill i come home from work and my integra keeps it company :D

ive also been working on my bike its a 1982 honda ascot ft500 i should post that here soon also

• 2 months later...

my brother now owns this truck as he has more time/money to throw at it i told him about this site and to post what he is doing the only thing i dont like is he wants to raise it up again

its in good hands and if he is going to part with it im first in line it was fun and i hope he reports to you guys soon