720 gallery

irsa76

do you hate on patrols too dwn? :-P

I don't like how the name change divides fans on certain things, its really prevalent with z's in my area. This is ratSUN though so.....

Even the 720's that rock the nissan badge are datsun imo, just a victim of the change over. I think it just seems so nissan because of the 80s styling. QUOTE]

I used to be Datsun exclusively but ... a lot of Nissan stuff will interchange. All I have left is the cab metal and glass on my 620. Everything else is from something else mostly 720. In my eyes it's still a 620 and I love the style but respect all the Nissans that made it possible.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I don't either, they should be more like brothers in my opinion. Maybe I have a different outlooks since I started with nissan z32's and worked back down the time line to z31 then s30. That and still owning a nissan too lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose I should post up photos of my former 720. Still regret getting rid of it, more so after I found out my brother inlaw knows a guy with a chassis aligner!

As for the Datsun vs Nissan debate, imho it's a non issue. I like the post '85/86 stuff as much as the early stuff, if I can't find a decent 720 for the right price I'm going D21. And since SWMBO will only allow a dual cab, a D21 is looking more likely :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My junkyard dog. This is a bare bones budget build for now.

picture11o.jpgw1600.png

I like that black out treatment on those wheels...My old school directional painted wheels are looking pretty bad, and that might be a good way to put some life back into them. I'm pretty sure I could get some chrome center caps from JCWhitney to match some new black paint..

Nice trucks :cool:

• 3 months later...

Here is my 85 Nissan 720. Future plans are to swap the engine from a nissan titan, IRS, shave everything, chop 8" off the bed, 3" off the roof, targa top, and a fill cali combo w/ leds.

gallery_3999_431_151896.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here is my 85 Nissan 720. Future plans are to swap the engine from a nissan titan, IRS, shave everything, chop 8" off the bed, 3" off the roof, targa top, and a fill cali combo w/ leds.

gallery_3999_431_151896.jpg

What are the wheels off?

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...