4 linked Wagon

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha.. just read through the posts. Marriage is great, I don't know what you guys are talking about! Car is on the back burners for a bit. Business is getting good so I got to take advantage of this opportunity. Thats where all my time's been going.

But I guess one update is that I got a decent Tig machine and have put in some good amount of hours welding aluminum. So needless to say, when I'm back on the Datsun, fabrication will be stepped up a notch. ;) Looking through all these projects does make me itchy to work on the Datsun. Thats why i have to stay away from here for a bit. :D

So don't worry, car will be finished!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

it has been awhile, but work is slowing a bit and i've gotten some work done. Tranny tunnel is almost done. Pictures to follow. And with my new acquired tig welder, an aluminum gas tank is in the works. dang, I miss driving the wagon. :( Been dreaming about vg30et instead of my current ka24det.

YAY!!! Glad to see work is being done.

I say get it back on the road, then worry about motors.

Yep, thats the goal! Motor won't be to later after I get all the quirks out of the suspension and adjust it properly. Also, I got rx7 fc calipers on the way to use with my 280zx strut with 300zx 5 lug rotors. Yay!

Here's what I've been working on. Still got to get used to running long beads with the tig and trying to figure out if I like the pulse mode or not. got to wait on some AN fittings and pick up a tube to weld on for the filler. Tank is approximately 10 gallons.

DSCF7198.jpg

DSCF7199.jpg

DSCF7200.jpg

DSCF7202.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have a build thread! hahah. Dang I miss driving the wagon!  The more I work on it, the more I end up doing.  Should of just kept it stock, hah!
I decided to redo the crossmember to move the motor back some.  So I ended up making a new trans mount as well.  Just for the heck of it I am using some hockey pucks for mounts.  While I had the crossmember off, I decided to install rack and pinion as I had an extra 320i rack in the garage.  Fits pretty darn well!  And as long as I had everything a part, i thought I should make new control arms since I had some extra parts around.  And I also moved the control arm mounts upward.  And then I bought some awesome TC rods from Dave.  Also made a tunnel for the exhaust.  All the big stuff is almost done.  Still deciding if I want to make a new turbo manifold or buy one.  I got a cheap cast iron one of ebay, but it sits the turbo way to close to the break master now since I moved the motor back.  The rear end is 95% done. 

mounts_zps6a151d82.jpg

• Like 2

100 bucks and wide as hell only issue i see is they dont seem to go down the fender enough can we get a profile shot?

You mean on the sides?  Not as far as the bre ones.  100 bucks is why i got them to test out.  When I got them they were only 80 bucks.