4 linked Wagon

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mocked up some wheels and flares. Not sure on the front flares yet, might cut them down a little bit. Will be getting smaller tires up front as well. probably 205 instead of the 215's.

DSCF6195.jpg

DSCF6197.jpg

+1 on the wheel and flare envy! That's pretty sexy! Are they ZG flares? You mention tire width, can you estimate wheel size and offset for us? Are they 15x8 or 9, et 0? Sorry if this has already been answered but I didn't find it going back a bit in the thread, anyway. Nice wagon!

the wheels are 15x8 -30 offset. I have 280zx struts with z31 5 lug hubs. The flares are a unversal 5" flare.

Ultimately i was thinking of running a staggered wheel set up with 15x7 or 8's in the front 15x10's in the back. We'll see what i can get my hands on. And then running 3" flares in the front.

• 3 weeks later...

not a lot of updates, just got engaged so a lot of time into planning stuff and saving money.

I think your car is awesome troyt. I got similar fender flares as well and mocked those up, but decided to go with the style posted. However I now have 4" flares up front and 5 in the back which i like.

I miss driving my datsun. :(

"just got engaged so a lot of time into planning stuff and saving money."

Congratulations, foo! Too bad another Datsun project goes unfinished ;-)

Can't wait to see your flare job. I like the ones you mocked up, I thought of those too but stuck with the oldschool ones to keep with the vintage racecar theme.

"just got engaged so a lot of time into planning stuff and saving money."

Congratulations, foo! Too bad another Datsun project goes unfinished ;-)

hahaha, im lucky.. as she loves the datsun and doesn't give me crap about working on it, so i figure in return I could put the project on hold for a little bit.

Now if she was really naggy about me working on it, that would be a whole different story. :lol:

Here are some "update" pics. Just been doing little things but nothing major. Still need to get my driveshaft made, new gears for the rear end, gas tank, and flares. then I'll be rolling!

DSCF6233.jpg

DSCF6231.jpg

This is my $30 junkyard seat that I made.. heh..

DSCF6230.jpg

Color scheme i'm thinking about doing.

DSCF6226.jpg

Holy smokes, the most beast wagon ever. That looks insane! Loving the flares and stance. I have been bouncing around for the past few months wondering if I should cut up my wagon and get it lower and wider...your work is truly inspiring! Can't wait to see more progress on it!

And congrats on your recent engagement. As most married men know, wives love Datsuns... :D

• 2 months later...

Man, those flares are right! I've been really really contemplating it myself, but you're the first one I've seen that did it the way I envisioned in my head. Did you do any cutting on the rear door and fender well? And who did you source the flares from? Nice and bubbly/round. Sorry, but I may have to bite. lol

This yellow 4dr is sooo yummy:::::

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/16985-bubble-flares-on-a-4-door/

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...