Old mans 521

Phixius

Heres some pictures of my 521. Picked it up in Cle Elum, WA with a blown headgasket, blown out muffler, and not so good carb, and drove it to Lacey, WA (120 miles one way) and having to go over a pass, glad I made it. anyways...

Before...

SIMG0243.jpg

SIMG0244.jpg

SIMG0242.jpg

After...

'

SIMG0304.jpg

SIMG0303.jpg

SIMG0302.jpg

SIMG0296.jpg

SIMG0301.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. future plans? lower it about 1 more inch, body and paint ( going back to the factory green), L20 w/5 spd out of my 510 or if I find a good deal on a KA. As far as interior pics, that will come. got a 520 dash to install. And replace the house carpet thats used as a headliner and floor carpet :huh:

:Edit:

Ok, heres some before pictures of the interior...

SIMG0273.jpg

SIMG0271.jpg

After pictures are to come. Ive only taken out those awesome bucket seats that are just great for your back on long trips <_< and put in a stock bench. and took out the really cool A/C unit mounted next to the sun visor and rear view.

haha awesome. everyone wants buckets, i like a bench. whats that thing on the drivers side kick panel?

havnt done much with the interior, didnt investigated it yet.

Did you happen to keep the wheels that came on it? Where they 14s and did you check to see if the datto caps fit?

I do still have those wheels, they are 14s, and no the datsun caps dont fit. But, I do know that babymoons fit...

Cool deal, I got some 15x8 chev wheels off of a CUCV with a similar offset, they look sweet but datto caps dont fit and they are way heavy...

Youre interior looks like an easy clean up job, lots of good parts to work with. You should put the AC back in and tell people its a really rare factory option :lol:

Nice find good luck with the build keep us updated.

yeah get a front bumper dont be lazy get one ... man those wheels look awesome... did you paint those...I think i know why those fireworks pics are fuzzy....the booms scared him when he was trying to push the button...shoulda got a lower perspective so it looked like the fireworks were going off inside the cab....but then youd risk burning that house carpeting on the ceiling and you wouldnt wannna do that...its wierd riding in the truck mebeing so tall, carpet rubbing on your head is a funny feeling... plus it builds up a static charge...and i can shock phixius as we drive along searching for white castle...

Clean truck.

I'd give my left nut for the rear bumper.

I'm building mine as a shop truck and don't want to destroy the bumperettes that are on it.

shoot your too far away but pretty sure that step bumper is up for sale...that would be a long trip for a bumper