• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine in a dash, at the wreckers, for $10 (those idiots):lol::lol::lol:

"The value of a thing, is what it will bring"

Value, is sometimes, (but not always) determined by:

Scarcity or rareness and if someone wants it. Four leaf clovers are rare but who cares, no one wants them.

What you are willing to trade for it, be it money, your time or some other object.

The tach might be worth $200 but take into account that it's a Datsun owner that wants it, (the cheapest bastards in the known universe) and they will wine and snivel that $55 is too much.:lol:

It's worth whatever you are willing to pay for or sell it for. For me, my tach is worth a good tail gate for my truck.

I got one in a dash for $40 for all of it but it was a buddy hookup since I knew the owner.I have never seen another at a JY.Not that they arent there just that I have searched through TONS of 620s over the years and only came across 1.

I sold it to my friend for $75.

Not all Datto freaks are cheapos.Just most of them.They spend alot on ebay every day for odds and ends.

I had a 520 radio block off plate.Now that was pretty rare.I saw one on ebay go for over a hundred.I traded it to Ted for a lower valance for my 521.I have a stock radio in there.I guess I could have sold it and just bought the valance but it was free at the yard.

Where does a 521 clock go?

I got an whole dash with the factor tach at Lynnwwod Pull apart last summer for $25...And I beat Frank to it,,,,haha It is just sitting in a box now until I get my chop top up and running. So they are out there, right time right place

it goes under the dash, under the radio. i saw one at the wrecking yard once. i was trying to buy the entire vehicle but they wouldnt sell the rust bucket for under $500 and they wouldnt part it out either. i think they crushed it.

Doesn't that just PISS YOU OFF?

I found a perfect 620 dash in a wreck at the scrap metal yard about 8 years ago. It was under a huge pile of other cars. I had to wait weeks until they were ready to move them with an excavator. Finally they start, and the guy knows it want it, so he gets all the stuff off it, then grabs the cab in the jaws and crushes it just enough to lift it, swings it over in front of me and drops it. Totally and absolutely fucked it up. The look on my face should have told him something, instead he looks at me, and shrugs a big WELL?

After all this time I still haven't got over it.

I was at a yard on MLK in Seattle, to get a pair of tires for my Hatchback (had 2 absolutely bald tires on it when I got it). The car that had the tires was a '79 Wagon that had hit a telephone pole, so the front end was wasted, but everything else was pristine. The car had the very rare factory rear window wiper, so when the yard worker (this wasn't a U-pull) was pulling the 2 tires, I inquired about the rear hatch (since I also had the '78 Wagon). He said to ask the office. Well, before i got a chance he got one rear tire off, and the brake drum fell off with the tire so you know what happened next. He pitched the brake drum clean through the (previously) intact rear window.

I've never gone to that yard again.

I was frequenting a yard near Poulsbo Wa for a while.They would get rigs in periodically while crushing whatever they could.They finally did a big sweep on all the nissan,datsun,courrier stuff so pickings were scarse.

While walking around the nicely swept up yard I saw a super nice red 521 in the crusher pile.About 4 cars high.They were getting to be dicks around then so I didnt even bother inquiring on the scrap pile.I figured a rig that nice they were trying to smoosh as quick as possible without a title or something.

I also know the owners of a local yard.A friend of mine that worked there one day had a thought to tell me that he remembered that he forgot to tell me about a restored 510 wagon that they crushed because they forgot that they thought about maybe telling me about it.He also forgot ...... about a super nice 521 they sold for $100.

Thats OK.That was about 10 years ago.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.