Canby 2011

sick620

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So not to be daft... but this is the Canby event right?

http://datsunsnw.org/Canby11/index.htm

yes. its officially called datsun driving canby fun

So deffinately 11th and 12th then?

It doesn't really say there,

yes. its posted right there at the top of that page.

but do we need to sign up before hand,

yes! esp with camping, there not nazi's about it so you can still get in but register before hand! it lets DNW know how many people are going to be there and all that.

pay fees for getting in, parking, camping, etc ahead of time,

theres a fee for entering the show for judging, one for your camp spot, a vendor booth costs $20 if you have parts to sell

(I usually get one and have a few ppl in it)

and if your just coming for the day and not entering the show you pay $5 to enter the gate and park with all the other cars.

there is also a banquet dinner sat night you can get tickets for along with raffle tickets (theres always some sweet raffle stuff)

or do we just pay there at the gates?

you can for the day pass at the gate.

but if you want to be registered in the show, get a camping or vendor spot you need to register that before hand!

I assume they lock us crazies in so we don't go run amuck at night? Just wondering so I know if we need to bring everything in ahead of time or before the gates lock us in case we need stuff.

the gates are locked at 10.

a few of us dunk bastards always manage to escape so we can walk to 7-11 for more smokes lol

also if its important or someone is late to the party *cough* datsunmike *cough* one of the DNW grown ups has the key to the gate :lol:

Are campfires alowed? I assume not, but can we bring those portable patio fire deals?

no fires, you have to bring a heat lamp or a propane BBQ

Ok boys and girls the no Alcohol or Drugs policy is still in effect!

First time we catch you, you will be warned, and asked to get rid of it,

Second time we catch you, you will be asked you to leave!

We are really good at catching people!

ANY ABUSE TO THE FAIRGROUNDS YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE IMMEADIATELY!!! PERIOD, NO IFS, ANDS, OR BUTS!!!!

The Fairgrounds has a no dogs policy!

The Fairgrounds also is a now a "NO SMOKING" facility same rules as alcohol apply!

With that said the dates are

June 10 autocross salem fairgrounds

June 11-12 Canby 2011

Registration will be up on March 1st 2011

any questions ask! don't be surprised!

Ignorance is not going to be a valid excuse!!!

But we want you to be there!

yes! esp with camping, there not nazi's about it so you can still get in but register before hand! it lets DNW know how many people are going to be there and all that.

theres a fee for entering the show for judging, one for your camp spot, a vendor booth costs $20 if you have parts to sell

(I usually get one and have a few ppl in it)

there is also a banquet dinner sat night you can get tickets for along with raffle tickets (theres always some sweet raffle stuff)

but if you want to be registered in the show, get a camping or vendor spot you need to register that before hand!

So where do I pre-register and/or pay for a camping site and/or dinner and/or raffle tickets?

I see no links to such things on above linked site.

also if its important or someone is late to the party *cough* datsunmike *cough* one of the DNW grown ups has the key to the gate :lol:

I rolled in at 11:30 and drove back and forth outside the chain link fence. I pulled up and shone my lights in and eventually a nice lady called out "is that a Datsun I hear???" :lol: She went and got the key and let me in. It was so cool. I don't remember thanking her.

Ok boys and girls the no Alcohol or Drugs policy is still in effect!

First time we catch you, you will be warned, and asked to get rid of it,

Second time we catch you, you will be asked you to leave!

We are really good at catching people!

ANY ABUSE TO THE FAIRGROUNDS YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE IMMEADIATELY!!! PERIOD, NO IFS, ANDS, OR BUTS!!!!

The Fairgrounds has a no dogs policy!

The Fairgrounds also is a now a "NO SMOKING" facility same rules as alcohol apply!

With that said the dates are

June 10 autocross salem fairgrounds

June 11-12 Canby 2011

Registration will be up on March 1st 2011

any questions ask! don't be surprised!

Ignorance is not going to be a valid excuse!!!

But we want you to be there!

DON'T DIVE INTO THE POOL BEFORE YOU CHECK TO SEE IF IT HAS WATER IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The DNW guys were very reasonable to get along with. It's they who are responsible for the fairgrounds so mud bogging and noise is disruptive to the neighbors. Garbage and damage has to be addressed and taken care of by someone while the rest of us just get to go home. So just saying, keep in mind we are gusts, paying guests but guests just the same.

Guest kamakazi620

does anyone know if there is another camping location very near by that would be more leniant to fires, and beers. would anyone consider staying offsite at night to kinda party and shit?

MY Backyard!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if theres NO drinking this year i ain't showing up that just boring and dumb!!!

does anyone know if there is another camping location very near by that would be more leniant to fires, and beers. would anyone consider staying offsite at night to kinda party and shit?

Willamette Valley

Park Name---------Full----Electric----Tent-----Group Tent------Group RV

Champoeg State----$20-------$20-------$15----------$51-----------$101

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/rates.php

Guest DatsuNoob

Yeah Kami.... duh! ....no wait, if you're on here then you must be at the bar with free interweb. and if you're at the bar then...... YO!! IT'S ALL GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKER!! Pass the catz if yer done with it. PARTY ON

HAHAHAA! You crack me up Mike! :rofl: If the truck isnt done this year, I'm gonna stay home and finish it. I ALWAYS drink and smoke when I camp, too so not too stoked to hear all that. Sounds like less fun this yr