Fathers day.......6-20 !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A word of advice:Enjoy your Dad while you can.

Absolutely true Bill ... X2.

I never had a really close relationship with my dad or mom. They were always there and I gave little thought to it. I had an argument with my mom and stormed out, never speaking to them for 7 years. In that time she passed away and I never saw her again. All I remember is the night I left. I would call my brother every couple of years and this is how I found out. Some good did come of this though. I called my dad up right then and we talked. When holiday time came around I drove three thousand miles to visit him and every other year after that. For the next 10 years we talked on the phone almost every week and grew to love an appreciate him in my life. I am so thankful for that.

So send a card or e card on his computer or just call him up. I only had ten years you probably have more so don't waste them.

X3

I stopped speaking with my father and refused to talk to him till he apologized for something he had done to me. My sister told me he was almost ready to apologize and he died in a car accident.

On another note, I hope to get the whole day to work on my 510 with at least one of my kids.

Takin the Pumpkn car over to Pappys Slab for a modifacation day with dad! There is nothing like sharing a passion for cars, wierd stuff, and hilarity with my father! Best wishes to all fathers out there this weekend! :D

YES...happy fathers day to all the dads out there in datto land, and happy 620 day to all the 620 dads out there also, and yea pac that is cool, i always celebrate 620 day...and get together with your dad, it doesn't matter if you have any thing in common, he is still your dad...celebrate life, cause it goes by way to fast...tom

I dont know what to do for my dad....he's not into datsuns....or anything really.... :unsure:

You don't have to do anything... Take him out for brunch and tell him about your goon or Canby or Kelly ... anything. What you are giving him is a little of your time and he gets to keep a memory of that. I think that's way better than a card or a tie, if you know what I mean. You may learn a little about what he is into for next year and talk about it then.

well i work for my dad and live with him....it might be a better present to avoid him for the day...

laugh.giflaugh.gif got cha!

and when i was showing him the pictures of canby he just walked off... :(

I was going to say what a dick! but this doesn't solve anything. He sounds .... bitter. All I can say is to gently keep trying.

well he was looking at them for a min then in the middle of it just turned around and walked off...he is a dick really. I deal with it but i'm glad to be quitting my job at the end of this month. Classes start monday and they're monday and wednesday so 4 days total left of working for him. Thats a step in the right direction anyways.

on a happier note when i was little i used to make him breakfast in bed for fathers day....and a huge mess :P Maybe i'll just make him breakfast in general

If it weren't for the things my dad showed me (and made me do) I would not have been able to take a car apart, put it back together, and have it work again. Hell, I wouldn't even have tried. If my dad were still around, I'd tell him I love him and spend the day drinkin beers and tellin bad jokes with him.

i enjoyed a fantastic day, while i was gettin ready to go to church my daughter called and wished me a happy fathers day, made my day, she lives in texas, at church all the youth group wished me a happy fathers day, cause they know my son and daughter live in texas, got a few clothes and stink good stuff, all in all a great day, oh yea also did a few things to one of my 620's...yeah i had a good day...tom :D