Dennis' 72 510

lol @ me.  ADD kicked in and I thought it didnt look smooth enough.  @Topher, I even have one of those 3/8" specific Ridgid Tubing bender for stainless, you get a workout bending all that crap for sure.  I did aluminum before and that was easy as hell.

I decided to eliminate one of the bends and just go with a single bend.  The pressure line just has a 40* bend so the an fitting for the fuel rail can be tightened down so it doesnt rub against the firewall.

20130128_141039.jpg

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it's on craigslist again. Seriously looking to sell, or just tossing out a feeler?

LOL, nobody is going to buy it.  nobody has any money.  I have a lot of work to do any my spine is getting worse and worse.  Everytime I work on it I am in a lot of pain for a couple of days.  I have a few friends who said they would help but you know how that goes.  So yes I am serious but I wont budge on the price and I will still work on it till either I finish it (and will keep it) or someone buys it.  I had it listed on here too but removed it after a few friends offered to help.  I just didnt take it off of craigslist.  I will if I can get the fuel system and electrical done before someone buys it.

If I get rid of it then I am going to get a new EVO MR and just take it to Cobb to have them do the work, the 510 is just something for me to play with.

Oh, I might take it off if my new pain meds work.  I am just taking so many now that my liver enzymes are starting to become more elevated. 

I tell you what, in a month or so, if you can get a weekday off, I can take a day off work and come out there to help?

That would be cool, I do not work so I have everyday off.  It takes you 2 hours to get here?  I just drove to bass pro shops in grapevine and it took me 20 min.  I was going around 85 the whole way but it wasnt that bad.

That would be cool, I do not work so I have everyday off.

Cool. I'll talk to my boss tomorrow. A Friday or Monday would be best for me. 

It takes you 2 hours to get here? 

No sir, an hour to get there, and an hour to get home.  ;)

Should have said 2 hours round trip.  :thumbup:

Takes me 25-30 minutes to get to Bass Pro. So probably 50-55 minutes total drive time. It's a solid 45 miles away. 

Cool. I'll talk to my boss tomorrow. A Friday or Monday would be best for me. 

No sir, an hour to get there, and an hour to get home.  ;)

Should have said 2 hours round trip.  :thumbup:

Takes me 25-30 minutes to get to Bass Pro. So probably 50-55 minutes total drive time. It's a solid 45 miles away. 

when I went out to your house it took me about 2 hours but I went a really stupid route up through denton.  that really sucked.  I took the 510 off of craigslist.

Saw this on Craigslist and decided to check out the build thread since I was on here already anyways. Man this, thing is going to be SWEET when it's finished.

I'm sorry to hear about your back pain. I'd come up and help out too, but I honestly don't think I'd be very helpful. I have a hard enough time figuring out simple things on my truck. :unsure:

Saw this on Craigslist and decided to check out the build thread since I was on here already anyways. Man this, thing is going to be SWEET when it's finished.

I'm sorry to hear about your back pain. I'd come up and help out too, but I honestly don't think I'd be very helpful. I have a hard enough time figuring out simple things on my truck. :unsure:

LOL, I relisted it when I was about to buy and EVO X MR yesterday.  I played harball with them and they decided to let the deal slip through their hands so I said fuck it bye.  They wanted 42k for a DEMO car (3600 miles on it).  A new 2013 with 10 miles on it with the same options they wanted 44k.  I told them I would pay 38k and they said no and they came back at 41k.  they said that they had no problems moving them and I told them sure you dont, thats why it had a ton of dirt all over it and it has been sitting for two months.  Bye!!!

Sorry to hear about your struggles. I hope you can get her finished so you can enjoy the ride!

-Josh

Thanks Josh, nothing is going to change with my physical condition.  The only thing that could happen is that Humira is going to work on my AS and it will stop the progression.  I still have it listed because Mitsubishi just called me back and they told me that they might be able to work on something. 

Dennis, I know it is a shot in the dark, but I am try to get into a 4 door with an sr swap. I have actually been try to trade my boosted k20 civic. I am also trying to sell the civic because there is no interest in a trade. I am willing to trade straight up. I hve receipts for 35,000 in parts and labor. My forsale ad is in the classifieds. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the car, I just don't want to part it out. I am sorry to hear about the pain you are in, but I know for a fact I can finish the project you started with perfection. If you are interested in a trade I will have no problem driving/hauling the civic down to you. If not I completely understand and wish you good luck with the sale.

Thanks Josh, nothing is going to change with my physical condition.  The only thing that could happen is that Humira is going to work on my AS and it will stop the progression.  I still have it listed because Mitsubishi just called me back and they told me that they might be able to work on something. 

dude humera has saved my wife I hope it works for you

dude humera has saved my wife I hope it works for you

Thanks, the rheumatologist thinks that it will stop the progression but it cannot do anything for what is already done.  My sacroiliac joints are fused together with my Sacral curve S7 (yes I do have an S7) all the way up to my Lumbar curve L2.  Then to top it off I have Severe Obstructive Sleep apnea, chronic sinusitis, asthma, and who knows what else.  Last time I went in for xrays (oh I have latent tuberculosis, not sure where I got that from) the tech almost came back in tears saying how sorry she felt for me.  She said that she hasnt seen anyone with bones as bad as mine at my age (41). 

Dennis, I know it is a shot in the dark, but I am try to get into a 4 door with an sr swap. I have actually been try to trade my boosted k20 civic. I am also trying to sell the civic because there is no interest in a trade. I am willing to trade straight up. I hve receipts for 35,000 in parts and labor. My forsale ad is in the classifieds. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the car, I just don't want to part it out. I am sorry to hear about the pain you are in, but I know for a fact I can finish the project you started with perfection. If you are interested in a trade I will have no problem driving/hauling the civic down to you. If not I completely understand and wish you good luck with the sale.

damn dude, looks like a huge loss for you.  that is a nice ass civic.  PM sent.

Wow, I've been looking for a 510. Eventually would want to do an SR swap but this thing looks like it's already half way there....correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't look like there is too much left?? Also, stupid question on my end, but is this thing original paint?

Wow, I've been looking for a 510. Eventually would want to do an SR swap but this thing looks like it's already half way there....correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't look like there is too much left?? Also, stupid question on my end, but is this thing original paint?

It has been resprayed a long time ago.  They used a factory color paint though.  It is more than half way done.

I seen these a while back and was thinking of going the same route.They look awesome and GPS makes install a breeze,Did you get them and if you did hows the quality of them.

I have them in the box still, the quality seems pretty nice.  They are very light.