Dennis' 72 510

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thing end up trading hands? Haven't heard too much on it....

Not yet, I have a couple of serious people but nothing set in stone yet.  I am in no hurry.

The fuse block is mounted and I am going to have a few systems wired and ready to go by the end of the week.  Price is going to go up once I wire the whole car.

Been working on the 510 and have decided to keep it or sell it to one member.  If a deposit isnt given to me by this weekend then I am going to keep it.  I am torn right now between keeping it and selling it.  I have been working on the electrical and was only putting in around 2 to 3 hours a day so far.  I am in pain but it is bearable with the new meds.  I also miss working on it but I made a deal and I am sticking too it.  If it cant be made by this weekend then I will keep it and continue at my snail pace.

Anyways, I have the fuse box and battery mounted.  I also mocked up and installed the ground wire.  I mounted the battery cable but I am currently working out the best routing method.  Once the battery cable is routed then I am going to go full power to the fuse box and work in some of the systems.  Damn I miss working on cars, this was fun the last few days.

20130228_105238_zps75d32bc9.jpg

Been working on the 510 and have decided to keep it or sell it to one member.  If a deposit isnt given to me by this weekend then I am going to keep it.  I am torn right now between keeping it and selling it.  I have been working on the electrical and was only putting in around 2 to 3 hours a day so far.  I am in pain but it is bearable with the new meds.  I also miss working on it but I made a deal and I am sticking too it.  If it cant be made by this weekend then I will keep it and continue at my snail pace.

If you end up keeping it, my offer of help still stands.   :thumbup:

gauges are mounted but not installed into the dash location.  took me 3 hours today just to mount them.  The tach was a super clean install.  I just cut a hole in the existing idiot light panel and massaged it with a dremel drum till it fit.  I then flipped it over and ground down all the tabs and it fit like a glove.  The speedo was kind of a pain but I got it in their.

20130305_122150_zpsd6b7555a.jpg

20130305_111101_zps3c4da9fa.jpg

20130305_111051_zps5954f627.jpg

• Like 1

Here is my list of what needs to be done to at least get it going:

Wiring (fuse box is installed, battery installed, main power almost done)
Shorten Driveshaft

Fuel pump (needs mounting welding in top plate on fuel tank)

Fuel lines (need to finish up bending stainless lines and flaring them)

Fix front sway bar mounting

Fab up tranny tunnel cover

All new brake lines

Mount radiator
Mount Intercooler
Fabricate charge pipes

I thought I would have the wiring done by this weekend but that was a little premature, it is taking much longer than expected.

I am going to add more as I think of them. 

• 2 weeks later...

what from the above pic looks like your almost done by my standards. :rofl: ...glad to here your able to get back to work on your car...

I thought I would have the wiring done by this weekend but that was a little premature, it is taking much longer than expected.

I am going to add more as I think of them. 

Well I figured out the hazards and turn signals.  That was fun and kind of dumb.  I used the existing wiring, I just powered it with a new lead off the new fuse box.  The universals have a flasher built in and this was not allowing two flashers to go off at different times so it was really strange.  I bypassed the existing flashers and everything worked great.  I also decided to remove the butt connectors and solder all the connections.

Hey buddy!! I hope you're feeling better on the new meds. The car has come a long way and I can't imagine how torn you are.  Especially on days when you have pain.  If you can, see it through until she is running.  You owe yourself that much and the satisfaction of seeing it may change your mind.  Also, a running car is worth more right?  You still plan on breaking her down afterward and sending her off to paint and body?  What colors were you thinking?

Hey buddy!! I hope you're feeling better on the new meds. The car has come a long way and I can't imagine how torn you are.  Especially on days when you have pain.  If you can, see it through until she is running.  You owe yourself that much and the satisfaction of seeing it may change your mind.  Also, a running car is worth more right?  You still plan on breaking her down afterward and sending her off to paint and body?  What colors were you thinking?

If I do keep it then the plan is to drive it on occasion and then break it down and then paint and body.  I am not going to send it out, I will do it all myself.  The color would be 463 or 554 or 562 or 609.  Kind of like a light blue.