510 parts outlet

69FJWagon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys just wondering if any of you have some close ups of the rear coilovers troy does. specifically the bottom mounting. cheers

mounts just like the shocks just remove factory spring or aftermarket lowering spring and put in the coilover in the old shocks place. put a set in my 2 door last night only took about 35-45 minutes with a lot of BS'n going on

i have his coils on my 510 also. all i can say is bad ass!! the rears are very basic. just watch out for the brake lines. haha. one side is fine but the other will stretch the line quite a bit. the rear dropped right in. the front was fairly easy with help from the ratsun crew. thanks again guys. troy is the shit. i plan on getting most/all of my parts from him. haha. :blink:

I've always admired Troy's work. I had his rear coil overs for my 4 door, but had to sell them to get my 2 door.

How does he do his KA swaps? Does he do a new oil pump/pick up or swap the cross member and new sway bar? What ever he does he should sell the 'kit' to do it.

Troy does the crossmember and sway bar on the cars he builds but he doesnt have enough crossmembers to cut up and sell but he would gladly do it for you if you were to send/bring him your crossmember

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Anybody know how much a front and rear coilover kit costs for a 510?

depends on what you want for the front but the rears are $550 I think as far as the fronts you have a few different factors all of these can be answered by a simple phone call to Troy at his shop 510-252-1001

Clayton

Troy is a ruller!! I just got a 510 for the first time in 10 years and I have been going to troys since he and I had our first Itc race cars and that was even longer ago. Over the years his work quality has gotten so impressive!! I look forward to working on my new car and getting to tap into his infinite knowledge.

FLIP

here are a few updated pictures of the white cars engine bay...slow process when your waiting for parts to get back from other people but I think its coming along nicely

IMGP0658.jpg

IMGP0657.jpg

IMGP0656.jpg

god damn this one is moving slooooooooooooow it was there when i went down there to get a diff for my 610 it was just the block and head then i beleve but that was over a year ago :eek: i really need to get down there when i was there troy mentioned somthing to me about wanting to look at my car if i remember right he said he had never had a chance to look at a 610 up close maybe ill head down there after the first is there any time when you will be ther 69fjwagon? i would love to meet a fellow ratsuner while im down there

god damn this one is moving slooooooooooooow it was there when i went down there to get a diff for my 610 it was just the block and head then i beleve but that was over a year ago :eek: i really need to get down there when i was there troy mentioned somthing to me about wanting to look at my car if i remember right he said he had never had a chance to look at a 610 up close maybe ill head down there after the first is there any time when you will be ther 69fjwagon? i would love to meet a fellow ratsuner while im down there

Bonvo I am down there almost everyday after work and on the weekends just let me know when.

the white KA car has been running for about 6 months it going up to Rebellos to have the ECU retuned and the cam timing rechecked it did how ever make about 180whp on a base tune. its a good runner :D:lol:

Bonvo I am down there almost everyday after work and on the weekends just let me know when.

the white KA car has been running for about 6 months it going up to Rebellos to have the ECU retuned and the cam timing rechecked it did how ever make about 180whp on a base tune. its a good runner :D:lol:

cool sounds good it will probibly be the middle of the month when i next get paid and can fill my baby up

yeah it looks alot more complete then when i was there glad it runs. 180hp a goal an l series wishes it could hit lol

Well I was just over there a few days ago since Troy was interested in buying my Watanabe's for his clean Bluebird...long story short...the fronts fit perfect but the rear fender would sit on the tire. So it was a no go...but still they sure look pretty on there dontcha think? Lots of cool 510's in various stages...I should have taken pics of all the dime's there.

DSCN3734.jpg

I think that's Clay's (FJ69Wagon) butt down there!

DSCN3733.jpg

DSCN3732.jpg

took a few pics today...well Lisa took a few pictures today of a few things going on down at troys

A cool picture Lisa took of a customer car down to get a 4 point cage and a few misc. items done

IMG_0678.jpg

Troys 12v KA car (4 sale when complete) just got it running last week and its fast :D

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

loaded up to go to Sac drags tomorrow

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

wolf creek racings old car sold to customer its getting put back together to race this summer

IMG_0687.jpg

b sedan racecar restoration project

IMG_0689.jpg

same car as first picture

IMG_0690.jpg

b sedan restoration project

IMG_0692.jpg

DF510.jpg

misc. shop pics

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg