1973 datsun 620 pick up

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i come from the VW community and we used to take care of each other, that is until the VW scene went to shit. some of us in the VW scene still have the brotherhood mentality

i like the feel i get from the people on this site, there is the occasional bickering but that is to be expected on Al Gore's interweb :lol:.

and FWIW i went to the DMV today and they put the truck into my name, i have to get it weighed and inspected before they will register it though, so the wait for the plates continues on both ends

we are not striking and we accepted their offer....i will be picking it up friday morning...

skunk you have PM

The money has been sent!

Edward, you have sent $206.00 USD to Jessica.

i added 3% so she gets the full 200 we agreed upon

From the time the decision to get it, until transaction complete was 6? days. This is a good example of how it can and should be taken care of.

I realize that there can be snags and bumps when trying to conclude a deal but not having the money shouldn't be one of them. Either you have it or you don't. Agreeing to a deal and taking possession without full payment is risky for both parties and an additional sign of desperation on the buyers side. If buying, don't get in over your head because you have a hard on for something you can't afford nor can reasonably expect to afford. Pawning your possessions to pay for it or to get it is a sign of desperation, poor planning and current and future insolvency.

If paying in installments is absolutely unavoidable arrange to have the seller hold it and take possession when fully paid for. Have a contract drawn up detailing all particulars, amount, payments and time frame and what will happen if the deal can't be completed be it lack of money or stale late payments.... whatever, does the seller keep some/all of the deposit money? Sellers who accept payment in installments from a stranger who later reneges or in some way fails to hold up his end looses far less than if it is with a good friend or acquaintance. Thankfully a friend will likely be a lesser risk and for the most part people and honest. Again, this can all be avoided by paying in full when taking possession.

Just some thoughts.

i come from the VW community and we used to take care of each other, that is until the VW scene went to shit. some of us in the VW scene still have the brotherhood mentality

i like the feel i get from the people on this site, there is the occasional bickering but that is to be expected on Al Gore's interweb :lol:.

the-internet-a-series-of-tubes-300x262.jpg

Ratsuns my favourite dis-functional family :lol:

• 7 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.