RIP Ronnie James Dio

The hoax's of his death are no longer false.

Ronnie James Dio died this morning from stomach cancer.

It seems that not that many people really know about this just yet, so I thought I might inform you all, just in case any others on here are fans.

For those of you that don't know, yesterday afternoon rumors began floating around of Ronnie's death and were proved to be false and no more then a hoax.. This morning, ironically enough, Dio lost his fight with cancer and passed away.

http://www.ronniejamesdio.com/

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio

Dio-INT.jpg

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dio was my first Heavy Metal band that I liked! His voice sounded like it came from a Giant! From Rainbow to Black Sabbath & his Solo career Dio was the man! A lot of great tunes will live on. Rainbow in the Dark, Holy Diver, Last in Line, Mob Rules, Heaven & Hell, Neon Knights, just to name a few. And lets not forget the Devil Horns! R.I.P Roni James Dio. You rocked your ass off!

Done whyle exhaling a Big Ripper!

Dio Forever!

I remeber the first time i heard Holy Diver. Its funny cuz I was in a Datsun! We were in my buddys 210 & baked of our asses. We had the sunroof open & we were looking up @ the nite sky with Holy Diver casette blaring thru the pioneer stereo! The beginning of the song is just eerie & then BUMP DUNT-DITTA-DUNT-DITTA-DUNT-DUNT-DUNT-BUMP-DITTA-DUNT-DITTA-DUNT-DUNT..........OOOO OOOO You know the rest :cool:

• Like 1

I remeber the first time i heard Holy Diver. Its funny cuz I was in a Datsun! We were in my buddys 210 & baked of our asses. We had the sunroof open & we were looking up @ the nite sky with Holy Diver casette blaring thru the pioneer stereo! The beginning of the song is just eerie & then BUMP DUNT-DITTA-DUNT-DITTA-DUNT-DUNT-DUNT-BUMP-DITTA-DUNT-DITTA-DUNT-DUNT..........OOOO OOOO You know the rest :cool:

That story is such a win twofinger_salute.gif

The first time I ever heard that song was actually the KsE cover, which is actually pretty amazing to me. Can't beat the original.

That story is such a win twofinger_salute.gif

The first time I ever heard that song was actually the KsE cover, which is actually pretty amazing to me. Can't beat the original.

HOLY DIVER SHIT! That cover fuckin rocks! Never heaqrd that B4. Definitely Dio approved Im sure :cool:

our ratsun friend paul (71-521) also died from stomach cancer. i had met him a few times he was a cool kat. te engine i rock in my dd 71 521 i bought from him.

when i heard dio had stomach cancer i was like oh shit. i heard that rumor shit last night on kisw's metal shop and i knew it wouldn't be long. i put all of his ebay autographs on my watch list and today they were all bought up except 2. if i'd had money in my paypal last night i would have bought one.

Cancer sucks. It seems that these days it's killing the strongest of people. It's a plague. I went to the doctors a few days ago for a throat problem (put simply) and the found a tumor in my throat about 1/4 inch in diameter.angry.gif

Cancer sucks. It seems that these days it's killing the strongest of people. It's a plague. I went to the doctors a few days ago for a throat problem (put simply) and the found a tumor in my throat about 1/4 inch in diameter.angry.gif

Yo metalmonkey, good vibes yer way man.

RJD, RIP.

our ratsun friend paul (71-521) also died from stomach cancer. i had met him a few times he was a cool kat. te engine i rock in my dd 71 521 i bought from him.

when i heard dio had stomach cancer i was like oh shit. i heard that rumor shit last night on kisw's metal shop and i knew it wouldn't be long. i put all of his ebay autographs on my watch list and today they were all bought up except 2. if i'd had money in my paypal last night i would have bought one.

Not to be off subject, Dio did rock... But 99.9KISW rocks man, i miss listening to the Mens room on the drive home. Hilarious! At least i can listen to Ricker everyday on 101.1 kufo in portland.

Yo metalmonkey, good vibes yer way man.

RJD, RIP.

Than's man.

RIP RONNIE

heard this on triple J about an hour ago :(

then they played the original holy diver as a small tribute, had to turn it up a touch :D

Play it loud, or don't play it at all. FTW RONNIE JAMES! cool.gif