CA or FL

Whats up! Im planning some vacations for June 15 to June 30. Im going with my girl so I need an opinion based on that haha no Datsuns :(

Im looking for a oceanview hotel, suite, whatever, close to the beach that can be rented for 14 nights.

my first option was Miami Beach, but then I thought why not california.

Do you guys have any idea for a place that can be a good experience/low cost?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are totally opposite haha, for me Costa Rica is like Guatemala, so I want something else :D :D :D

I really was thinkin more like miami beach, white sands, im sick of the black sand, the calm of the Atlantic is superb.

If you want packed cities with lots going on, Miami Beach or San Diego. If you want something a bit more remote, look at the Gold Coast of Georgia, or something like South Padre Island in Texas.

If cost is a huge objective, I'm not sure I'd recommend the US at all. Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Egypt, Caribbean, Cancun...

Really depends on what you plan to DO while on vacation. ;)

Depends on what you want to do, i.e. tourist stuff, everything in walking distance or not, sit on beach and get drunk, etc.

Atlantic and Pacific are different. Atlantic will probably be warmer in Miami than SoCal.

Both habla espanol...sorta...so you've got an advantage there.

You say no Datsuns, but if you go to SoCal, I'm sure your girlfriend wouldn't mind one Ratsun Get Together. :)

I have those options, because my girl is in Haiti with the military working as an interpreter, so we are going to catch up on one of those places because is cheaper for her than any other place. The main idea of the trip is to relax, do nothing! for me some beers and thats about it.

If we decide for SoCal, we definitely have to meet and pack a bag with spares for the comeback LOL

Jamaica, Antigua, Trinidad, Cancun are all pretty close to Port au Prince.

You put Florida here as an option, did you know that your vacation schedule is shortly after the start of hurricane season? The risk applies to the whole Gulf, Caribbean, and even the southeast Atlantic coast. All those destinations I just mentioned as well.

After all the heartache I'm sure your girl has seen, maybe California is the best choice. It would suck to be on vacation and have to endure a hurricane, or the threat of one.

There's always the Oregon coast, no hurricanes here. :)

This would be a great time to go to Florida. As the summer progresses, it gets real hot with hi humidity. Nothing like 90 degs with 90% humidity...Stay away from the Gulf Coast with that crazy oil spill all the beaches are going to be Jiffy Lubes pretty soon...

Whats up! Im planning some vacations for June 15 to June 30. Im going with my girl so I need an opinion based on that haha no Datsuns :(

Im looking for a oceanview hotel, suite, whatever, close to the beach that can be rented for 14 nights.

my first option was Miami Beach, but then I thought why not california.

Do you guys have any idea for a place that can be a good experience/low cost?

The Cliff House on PCH North of Santa Barbara! Classic SoCal ambiance literaly on a cliff over the beach and if you are lucky you get to see one or more satelite launches from Vandenberg AFB! Not sure if rooms are available this close to your dates but give it a try!

I say you take a trip down here to so cal !!!! SAN DIEGO...... Go down to Mission Beach wit ur lady and get some good r&r.... When nite comes go down to the Gaslamp Quarterz downtown and I know you will have a good time. :D :cool:

Im taking a look at taht place right now.....

Jamaica, Antigua, Trinidad, Cancun are all pretty close to Port au Prince.

You put Florida here as an option, did you know that your vacation schedule is shortly after the start of hurricane season? The risk applies to the whole Gulf, Caribbean, and even the southeast Atlantic coast. All those destinations I just mentioned as well.

After all the heartache I'm sure your girl has seen, maybe California is the best choice. It would suck to be on vacation and have to endure a hurricane, or the threat of one.

There's always the Oregon coast, no hurricanes here. :)

Believe me or not, in matter of costs florida and California are cheaper, for example, the flight to Puerto Rico or cuba is around $900 and they are pretty close. As there are only 2 airlines coming out of Haiti, AA and spirit.

yah but, you'll freeze your damn tits off in the water! :P

I would go somewhere warm.

:word:

This would be a great time to go to Florida. As the summer progresses, it gets real hot with hi humidity. Nothing like 90 degs with 90% humidity...Stay away from the Gulf Coast with that crazy oil spill all the beaches are going to be Jiffy Lubes pretty soon...

thats true with this and the hurricanes, that I totally forgot, my Ill change my mind to SoCal.

The Cliff House on PCH North of Santa Barbara! Classic SoCal ambiance literaly on a cliff over the beach and if you are lucky you get to see one or more satelite launches from Vandenberg AFB! Not sure if rooms are available this close to your dates but give it a try!

looking info right now

Thank you all, keep comments coming.

Funny how you almost have to go to the mainland to get a decent airfare back to the Caribbean. I suspected as much, should have probably looked at some fares before I recommended it.

San Diego is great destination if you want to take a couple of days and play. I grew up there, but things change. Check in with the locals here to get the scoop. Only a couple of hours to Disneyland and that whole entertainment complex in Anaheim. San Diego has a world class zoo and wild animal park, you could spend an entire week just in those two places. Sea World, Gaslight district/Old Town, whale watching, Coronado island, all sorts of stuff to do. Really nice beaches too.

If you want a smaller setting, maybe look at Monterey or Santa Cruz. San Jose has an international airport, it's an hour drive to Santa Cruz. There is a small Boardwalk carnival thing in SC during the summer months.

Not sure what you are using for a trip search engine, but I've had really good results with kayak.com

I was going to suggest Santa Cruz,,

It is more laid back than So Cal, , and the water is alot cleaner ......... the smog and crowds in So Cal are nauseating

The Monterey Bay Aquarium is really cool ........... if you rent a car .... you can check out the whole Bay Area

The South Bay last thursday of the month meet always has nice cars too

two weeks on the beach w/views?

have you looked into unused timeshares? not common in socal, but theyre around.

this is also the time when school ends...

pretty much anywhere you chose in socal, you can drive to the other destinations.

you may want to consider mulitple locations for a few days each.

BTW if you can schedule the week before in... canby oregon for the first destination?

sounds like the GF would REALLY enjoy it there! ;)

• 1 month later...