Izzo got a dime

izzo

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a a-87 head that has been shaved(alot) if you want to run high compression...give it to for the same price i paid

hmm low on funds, what all has been done to it besides shaved, or is that it? what kinda $

Next time you have radiator out maybe put a new gasket on the water pump.

do not over tighten datsun bolts as they dont take much to get to spec.

as for pistons on a L20 I would keep it stock dish. get at least a 475 lift cam and 2 sidedrafts not one. If you get one might as well get a uswed 38/38DGES carb instead and run a stock Lseries intake hogged out.

replaced the wheel cyl as they tend to dirty up the shoes and get it sticky and lock up.Jap ones are better but most I see are the taiwan or Italian made ones

Ok

Got timing cover, A87 peanut head, fucking thing fell off the back of the truck. Luckily all i can see damaged is the cam sprocket but i have another one.

All i need now is an engine stand to throw put it together....

Pulled the alternator out and got my KA alternator out. Pulled the pulley off and realized it wont work swapping them. I need a car pulley. Shitty! Anyone have a KA car pulley? Mines the big ol truck serpentine one...

Izzo I think all the KA Es are serpentine belt. My E alt is from a 240sx and I made a spacer/washer and used the V bely pulley to use it on my L18. I cranked the bolt on nice and tight because there isn't a woodruff key to lock it. I then punched the thread so it can't come loose. Still going......

Hey I don't suppose there were Datsun 1800 valve covers????

IMAG0028.jpg

Izzo I think all the KA Es are serpentine belt. My E alt is from a 240sx and I made a spacer/washer and used the V bely pulley to use it on my L18. I cranked the bolt on nice and tight because there isn't a woodruff key to lock it. I then punched the thread so it can't come loose. Still going......

Hey I don't suppose there were Datsun 1800 valve covers????

I thought i read on another thread that there were V-Belt pulleys. But, i am going to tear apart an old L series alt and do what you did. Im sure itll work fine.

As for the valve cover, i have never seen a 1800 one lol or a 2000 one. that would be pretty awesome. didnt they change it to Datsun OHC after 1600, then Nissan OHC?

As for the valve cover, i have never seen a 1800 one lol or a 2000 one. that would be pretty awesome. didnt they change it to Datsun OHC after 1600, then Nissan OHC?

Yeah, wishful thinking. Maybe Mklotz could tig the 6 into an 8????? Cool.

~95.10% the same ;)

haha yeah i haven't sat down to figure out the exact differences but its a good base to go off of. A lot easier than the original wiring digrams

4.9% all the problems you have :lol:

:rofl: Right now, I have only 2 electrical problems. First, the dome light sensor on the driver door quit working (woopy) Second, the headlights are ran off relay (awesome!) but, the wire from passenger side to driver side for the low beam, they didn't run a new wire just ran it off the old wiring, and its dim. So its losing power somewhere. Dunno, don't care really. I'll be running a new wire for it and solve that problem. This was a smoking deal for real.

• 2 weeks later...

when i got it...

IMAG0410.jpg

broke the speaker wire thats used for the hood latch, so took the grille off

IMAG0029.jpg

Should have done this before canby, but eh wtf right?

Replaced the speaker wire, and threw the grille on for now. looks better. The original grille i have hanging on my wall. Freaky510 gave me a kickass grille, i polished it mostly, it still needs a little love here and there with the dremel and buffing bit...

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

next up......

think i want to swap the l20 outta my truck and throw it in here. the l20 is stronger and more peppy than this l16. plus the l20 has a brand new clutch/PP and throw out on it.

oh yeah, all i used for cleaning was some dawn dish soap, hot water, and a plain ol dish rag...