Izzo got a dime

izzo

I think it was 45$

Just get it straighten , see what happens. Im sure they will say it needs this and that. But you have to buy their stuff and and it marked up another 50-100%. If you have them do it. Or you do it your self them have them ck it out.They have the fancy laser alignment thing they bolt to the wheels.

They will not put your parts on if you get them else where,Even if new in the box.

so just get the alignment.

You are exactly right! However, here its only 28 dollars for an alignment :D it would be about 45-50 if i had them adjust the camber but i dont think there is camber adjustment on stock 510 + i dont think thats the problem

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The toe was off, opposite of what it should have been. He said it was a little over an eighth inch the wrong direction. Its been adjusted, haven't taken it on a drive yet to see if there is a difference (schwabs is only a few blocks from here)

Ill throw a good set of tires on the front and watch to see what happens.

I just did the tie-rod ends on my Sunny. Pretty simple.

Just loosen the castle nut, and loosen the adjustment nut on the back side. The adjustment nut was opposite threaded for mine, so it may be the same for you. I spent hours whacking on the damn thing and it wasn't turning. (I was going the wrong way) Soaked it with some PB blaster and applied some heat and it came loose like nothing. Popped the castle nut off and took a good whack on top with a hammer and ta-da!!

lol ya the adjusters weren't a problem. It was the stud where the castle nut is, it is being a whore. Oh well, went in and got an alignment. Ill do the tie rods later. I checked em and they are still ok right now.

Just remember that you'll need another alignment if you change the front ride height at all.

It was great to chat with you again today :) Your wife is very patient!! LOL!

Was good seeing you to man, shit man you sure are gettin skinny lol.

Was good seeing you to man, shit man you sure are gettin skinny lol.

ya mike lookn good buddy if your name wasnt on your hat i wouldnt even known it was you..lol.lol

izzo i missed ya came out from feeding the boy and you was gone.....dude thanks a million for the washwe bottle ...i owe ya ma....

ya mike lookn good buddy if your name wasnt on your hat i wouldnt even known it was you..lol.lol

izzo i missed ya came out from feeding the boy and you was gone.....dude thanks a million for the washwe bottle ...i owe ya ma....

ya sorry man, I would have loved to kick it for a while longer but had to get going. Kids were getting bored and I had one here in seaside my cousin was watching. So needed to go. Its all good about the washer bottle, ill see what else i can make fit in my car on the cheap, if i cant find anything ill take your old one :D Not sure if i will be back down that way before canby, kinda low on the funds right now lol but well see, maybe can make it down to your place and hang out for the day or somethin

Good to see you again at the meet Tim...I hope that L20 serves you well...The wagon looked really good too. :thumbup:

Yah it was good seeing you to man, been a while lol. I should be at canby, thanks a lot for that motor. It sucked unloading it myself :rofl:

I need to snag up an engine stand somewhere! Its sitting in my shed now. I need to get the timing cover from cory or see if freaky510 still has one laying around. Need to find a head also. have a brand new water pump already.

Thanks a lot for the motor man, it will be a nice upgrade from the l16. its kind of tired, but still seems to run alright.

got a 68 finned valve cover from nukeday a while back, here it is. Good shape, just bad paint!

IMAG0025.jpg

Picked up an L20 bottom end from dat620guy. Good shape, just needs a little cleaning, paint, and thrown together.

IMAG0026.jpg

Someone painted my grille black, along with the headlight bezels. Fixed that today. They still need polished but good enough for now.

IMAG0027.jpg

Put some paint stripper on there, it worked a little but not good! It only got some off, i tried again and it didn't do any better. So i sat there with a little scraping tool and about an hour or so later i was finished.

IMAG0028.jpg

Bezels installed.

IMAG0029.jpg

Valve cover stripped of paint, scrubbed with soap inside and out, then used an SOS pad on it to really get it clean. I need to do a little sanding on it to get it a bit cleaner look but oh well. I plan on painting it, think i will photo shop a few ideas to see what i can come up with..

IMAG0030.jpg

Alright, brakes are adjusted and working 100%

Driver rear could use a new cylinder as its gettin a bit leaky, ill get one ordered in and replace it next week.

Pulled the alternator out and got my KA alternator out. Pulled the pulley off and realized it wont work swapping them. I need a car pulley. Shitty! Anyone have a KA car pulley? Mines the big ol truck serpentine one...

Noticed when i loosened the alt adjuster bracket anti-freeze was going on the ground. Water pump bolts were loose, as well as some of the timing cover bolts. Got those all snug again. Checked around, foudn a bunch more that were loose such as valve cover and 2 of the exhaust bolts. All taken care of :D

list of things...

Build the L20 (need head, timing cover, inspection cover)

Replaced tie rods/ball joints and whatever else is fucked on the steering.

LOWER IT...

Id like to get some diamond plating and replace all the door panels in the car. Maybe use material instead but I kind of like the diamond plating.

Need to pull the gauge cluster out and clean the contacts up, replace lights with LEDs

Center console would be awesome.

Need to install the rear speakers into the back..

Fix the core support, figured out why it has a 68 fender on it yesterday <_<