skunks 510

skunk

good deal :lol: gettin closer.

you should take some pics of the paint you have in forza and UL it from xbox live so I can go get the pics and I can do some PS work and we can get things ready for next time I come down.

we can crank paint out in a weekend :D

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good deal :lol: gettin closer.

you should take some pics of the paint you have in forza and UL it from xbox live so I can go get the pics and I can do some PS work and we can get things ready for next time I come down.

we can crank paint out in a weekend :D

yeah ill see if i can do that, ive become computer retarded over the last few years :blink: so it might not work. :lol:

Good stuff man. Glad to hear you're getting that 510 straightened out. :thumbup:

yeah, im not about to give up on it, iv juse had some crazy work weeks and to much going on at home to even move the car in the drive way so i can work on it

yeah ill see if i can do that, ive become computer retarded over the last few years :blink: so it might not work. :lol:

when you take a pic in photo mode it asks you if you want to upload it. once you do I can find it

As usual, short on time. Glad we got some of the electrical stuff sorted out. I would have liked to hear it run before I left. Did you get it started? If you did, what happens when you pull the + battery cable off? I'm thinking you should use factory gauge wiring from the alt plug out. You should be able to just put a couple of female spades on the factory wiring, and plug them in where the connector goes, if they will reach that is. I wouldn't leave it like that, but that will let us know if the alt is charging properly.

Keep at it, it sounded pretty good when you moved it into the driveway. :)

I think i have another long work week coming up and with the work thats being done to the house in the hours i try and sleep i end up spending 10 hours in bed for 5 hours of sleep. ill try and get on it asap. with my points being shit right now not sure how far ill get. seeing i dont have and funds for the datsun right now. but ill see if a have some better looking points laying around, and see if it will start.

charged battery again (100th time) and left it in car, and now the battery is dead again. so eather my battery is just shit and cant hold a charge or my car is till drawing power when it is off. <_<

So i guess the next two things on my list are, a new set of points or just a match box el dizzy and a car battery.

soon as i can get it to start im going to take the carbs off and give them a real good cleaning, inside and out. And hopfully then start tuneing them, if i can fig out dual carbs :unsure: .

iv watched like 4 or 5 videos online about su carbs on MGBs and also read a bit to much random stuff about how to tune them but im still a little if-ish about it.I take things in better when im working with my hands, not so much when watching videos and reading about how to do things. Just goes in one ear and out the other, its like zombie mode or somthing.

pull the ground off next time your done screwing around... something is draining.

you need a test light to go through each system, wire by wire. (simple first!!!)

its like zombie mode or somthing.

so after a few, you look like your avatar? :ph34r:

dunno why, but the weber tuning stuff is all on MGB's too...

do you have a unisyn/synch tool? necessary to get them fine tuned.

get it running and just take it to Z therapy!!! "hands on" if youre there at the right time ;)

i sold my SU's cuz i didnt want to learn about em :P

Guest DatsuNoob

I dont know a ton about SU's but I've seen Joe mess with em enough to see they dont look THAT complicated. I know having the exact weight of oil inside them is super critical to them working worth a shit. Hey Kelly, if you want those seats, I'll hang on to em for you. I seriously doubt with as many projects/expenses I have, I'll be finding any new cars to put em in any time in the near future.

on your battery drain topic. try an amp draw test.... here is how it goes

with key on off position

pull positive battery cable off making sure it doesnt ground out on the body/frame

take your voltmeter that is set to read amps, put one lead from the meter on the post and one lead on the battery cable

if you are reading more than about 5 milliamps then something is wrong with the car and it is draining your battery (parasitic drain)

if you read less than 5 milliamps, your car is fine and you need a new battery.

please do this test first before spending 50 plus bucks on a new batry...

on your battery drain topic. try an amp draw test.... here is how it goes

with key on off position

pull positive battery cable off making sure it doesnt ground out on the body/frame

take your voltmeter that is set to read amps, put one lead from the meter on the post and one lead on the battery cable

if you are reading more than about 5 milliamps then something is wrong with the car and it is draining your battery (parasitic drain)

if you read less than 5 milliamps, your car is fine and you need a new battery.

please do this test first before spending 50 plus bucks on a new batry...

i'll do that, i think nuke did that when he was here even, ill have to ask him. but im still buying a new battery. The thing is so dead that the car dosnt even click when i turn the key. the battery is old and has been charged and gone dead on three cars now. :P

• 3 weeks later...

me and jessi got 8 of them at freadmeyers, $1 each. i cleaned them out :P

check walmart & target, they had none :(

funny, my girlfriend tryed to get me to go shoping for clothing, and i ended up geting her to dig through kids toys for datsun stuff :lol:

skunk, we did do an amp draw check with the batteries you had. Read a flat zero with both your analog and my digital meter.

B&R on 99 has used batteries on a pallet by the front door (inside), I think they charge $10 a piece for them...

Still got this external box electronic dizzy here for you, lemme' know when I can hand it off.

funny, my girlfriend tryed to get me to go shoping for clothing, and i ended up geting her to dig through kids toys for datsun stuff :lol:

:rofl: we went to walmart while they where here too and jessie needed some stuff and me and kelly struck a B line strait to the toys :lol:

skunk, we did do an amp draw check with the batteries you had. Read a flat zero with both your analog and my digital meter.

B&R on 99 has used batteries on a pallet by the front door (inside), I think they charge $10 a piece for them...

Still got this external box electronic dizzy here for you, lemme' know when I can hand it off.

wait, so is that dizzy for a A or and L?? im lost now.....

oh%2Bshit%2Bits%2Bdr%2Btran.jpg