Wife scored a Z -for free!

DATSKAOS

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool deal, but does it run after being parked for 14 years?

Probably not, from what I know the PO parked it cuz the w/pump was getting noisy. He owned another ZX.....

101_0348.jpg

and started driving the gold one. Tank will have to be dropped, flushed, fresh fuel, and so on, and so on, and so on :o

This Z will have to get in the back of the line for now, behind the S-10,Firebird,Tacoma,4runner,720,620 and 521!!!

Damn! Too many projects :o

This Z will have to get in the back of the line for now, behind the S-10,Firebird,Tacoma,4runner,720,620 and 521!!!

Damn! Too many projects :o

Ray dont make me cruise up there & help you bust on a few trucks.. :cool: I miss coming to Barstow anyways.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

**UPDATE**

securedownload15.jpg

So I finally got to workin on my wife's Z this month :cool: Got some power to it to see what works and what doesn't. Cranks over, some lights work, voice option works :cool: ,digital dash lights up, power windows work...at this point I'm feelin pretty good, I decide to put a little gas in her to see if she'll start..WRONG!!! I didn't hear the fuel pump when cranking so I crawled under and beat on it to wake it up..buzz..got it working but fuel didn't make it passed the filter. I knew this car sat a very long time and I was just getting a little exited to hear it run. Pulled the fuel filter and found a lot of rust...I knew this couldn't be good :o

Upon further inspection..

securedownload22.jpg

securedownload3.jpg

WOW!! This tank and sender are totally shot!! And there's 20 more handfulls of that crap in there :(

I'll be hunting down a replacement tank soon. Anyways, I was still eager to get it running so I ran the hoses into a gas can and pumped fresh fuel through the lines. I pulled the spark plugs to lube the cylinder walls and installed a new fuel filter along with hoses. Ok ready to start again...and it fired!! :cool: Knock, knock, knock, knock...WTF!! at this point I'm ready to drag this thing back outside :( Oil pressure went up when it fired..so I pull the valve cover to see what's going on under there. I found #2 lash pad fell out..don't know why but I popped it back in and reassembled everything for another try. Added water and after start #3...Success!! Ran a little rough @ first, but smoothed right out and no more knocking!! :P Got even more curious and turned on the A/C...It works!! Old school R12 got the Z a bit chilly! So the Z will live again...anyone in SoCal got a spare gas tank and a digidash sender??

securedownload14.jpg

Cheers!!

• 1 month later...

Well, I found a gas tank and got it installed :cool: Also installed a water pump, but as Z-train mentioned, I will be replacing every friggen hose on this thing. I have to smog this car so I want everything in working order. Project is on hold again till

Nov. :angry: