Going, Going, Back to, back to, Oregon...?

Well incase some of you didnt know, I just finished up my service in the Air Force. I am in Southern California right now but originally from Oregon. Job hunting is going alright but I am kinda afraid to commit due to not knowing where I want to live. I am, however thinking about taking a flight back "home" to Gresham Oregon with in the next couple months for a week. So what this means is that I am going to have to try to get together with some of you guys at one of your "weekly meets". I will put up a time frame when things are closer and I figure out where I am going to stay when I get up there (mom moved to Kentucky). Anyway, just wanted to give a heads up that I may be crashing some of your Ratsun parties!

OH YEAH, If anyone knows of any companies looking for a Network Engineer I am interested!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Javin, Me and My Family wish you the best! Oregon i hear is beautiful so i can understand wanting to go back....Oh yeah, Dont forget your Jacket:)!

Thanks, Things aren't set in stone yet. First the job, then the (re)location. I was going to ask if you were going to be around this weekend. Amanda wants to visit her dad and he is right there by you so I was hopin I could stop by and grab it. I think she was talking about sunday.

http://www.usdigital.com/company/career.shtml

any of these fit the bill for ya?

Also, you might wanna check with the Portland Air National Guard and see if they have any job openings. peace.

The USDigital stuff isnt exactly what I do, however I was looking at one opening with the ANG but I would baisicly be taking a step backward from what I would want to be doing. Thanks for the lookout. DO you work for usdigital?

The USDigital stuff isnt exactly what I do, however I was looking at one opening with the ANG but I would baisicly be taking a step backward from what I would want to be doing. Thanks for the lookout. DO you work for usdigital?

yes sir! I am also with the PANG out here in the machine shop but we rarely make airplane parts. Its just disguised as an aircraft machine shop, we even string airplane parts about to make it look like we work on them. peace.

Javin....congrats! Let me just remind you of one thing........IT'S ALWAYS RAINING UP HERE!!!!!! It really comes down to being able to afford to live in CA.

Anyway......good luck! Let me know when you're in town, I'll try to make the meeting you go to :)

Javan..my Daughter lives in the Portland area (Aloha?) and would love to move back here...But her Husband is from there so they stay...Hey maybe you could swap with her?....(ah never mind..my son in law is not your type!!!)...just jerking ya a little man................gonna miss your smilin face dood!

it might rain a bunch in oregon but the high desert is pretty jacked weather wise hot as hell in the summer cold as hell in the winter and summer nights.. plus the closed LACR (the race track in palmdale) i am from that area originally and my parents still live in Tehachapi where i grew up.. Oregon is definitely better then Lancaster Palmdale area. but it could be worse you could live in Mojave. (Spiff should know what i mean)

• 3 years later...

Hah! I was just looking for my old truck posts and ran across this one! 3 years later and I am actually in Oregon again! I got a job back on the base for 2 years then went to Kuwait for a year and then came back to Oregon and now I am going to school for a while while I chill out (paid for by the VA). My truck is in socal and will be coming up in about 2 weeks to live in Oregon City. I have tons of stuff that I need to do to get it road worthy again.

What comes first, making it run well again or fixing the steering?

I was able to turn the wheel about 1/8th of a turn before it would catch and turn the wheels. So minor corrections required 1/8th of a wheel turn. Lots of slop.

To get it running right if I remember correctly, it idled funky but I dont know how bad it was. Also, some issues with the clutch. Clutch should be first on my list. Needs to be bled + ?... Crap. I forgot how much I needed to do to this.

I am pretty sure I am allowed to revive my own thread jerks :lol:

So, I dont want to see my truck in the "spotted" section when I am tuggin it behind a uhaul. Just because only 1 of you has ever seen it in person...

Side note, I was totally wearing a robin shirt up till 15 min ago. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...