My New Ride, 1972 Toyota Crown.

OK, it's not a Datsun, but, it was a present from a buddy on here, thanks Dave. It's pretty cool and drives pretty smooth too.

IMAGE_197.jpg

IMAGE_196.jpg

IMAGE_195.jpg

IMAGE_194.jpg

IMAGE_193.jpg

IMAGE_192.jpg

IMAGE_191.jpg

IMAGE_190.jpg

IMAGE_198.jpg

IMAGE_199.jpg

IMAGE_200.jpg

It's pretty cool old school looking anyhow :D. Heater blasts like a furnace, sure would make a good winter beater! It's a 2.6L straight 6 with a 3 speed, column shift automatic. Cruises OK once you get going, but, the beast weighs like 3000lbs!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave's a super nice guy, too bad he had to choose between his 620 and the Crown, guess we know which one one out eh :)! Truthfully, I have no idea what to do with this "gangsta" mobile. I mean it's really cool and all, but, I'm already committed up to my eyeballs for a long time with my current Datsun projects. I just couldn't bear to see it go for parts or scrap, it deserves to be saved and driven....

Yah, it's a big pimpin' limo isn't it Jeff :)? It's got power steering and a whole grunting 120hp at the crank and about 140lb/ft of torque and I bet it gets bad gas milage to boot too! Rides nice and cushy though, no blasting around in this mobile, straight cruiser. Notice it has 4 speakers and an AM/FM radio, a real move up on my 1 speaker AM system in the wagon :D .....

nice score.

now you need a matching wagon to go with it :thumbup:

there were 2 nice examples of each at the JCCS

If I was closer, I would offer to take it off your hands.

ill come take it...gangster style :fu:

I want to see Jason in the Gangster ride!

...in a pinstripe suit and fuzzy fedora :D

I LOVE old crowns! I'd have taken the beast in a heartbeat too! I think there was a fastback, and I made a post about a wagon in this section a while back.

Thanks for saving it!

• 3 weeks later...

Damn Jason just realized this was your post! Do you need any parts off it? Could probably get it for $50.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/DSC01171.jpg[/img]"]DSC01171.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/DSC01172.jpg[/img]"]http:/DSC01172.jpg

Sorry the camera is a gift and I'm not good with it yet.

Morning Mike, I think theres a piece of trim I'm missing on the passengers side, the bit between the bumper and the fender. I'm missing the cigarette lighter itself from the interior and some other small bits, I shall have a looksee and see I guess! The Crown is a real luxo cruiser for sure and looks really neat though!

Thanks

Jason

That'd be swell Mike, I haven't thought about what to do with the old Crown yet, it drives pretty nice, but, burns oil. Looks to me that valve stem seals at least need replacing. If you can't get the piece, don't worry, one piece of chrome won't make too huge a difference with all the chrome it has on it!

Thanks