"The Blue Burrito"

burrito213

update: (will post pics soon) tried to put the slave cylinder on and ....well....it wouldn't go on.... The shark fin (spring hole) on cylinder was hitting against the (torsion bar)...it definitely is another transmission because looking at the arm is just chewed up.... I may have to cut the shark fin and or find an alternative.....

if I cut it, I won't screw up the innards would I?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here are the pics....

started cleaning all the transmission fluid that leaked out: (thanks walmart. kitty litter $2.98)

CIMG0033.jpg

got the parts!...note: for this clutch slave, it did not come with the bolt or nuts.

CIMG0034.jpg

side by side:

CIMG0035-1.jpg

ANNNdddd,,,, it didnt fit:

CIMG0036.jpg

CIMG0038.jpg

CIMG0037-1.jpg

until i can get to my jobs work shop.... time to throw the ball around:

CIMG0040.jpg

You can drill another hole, half way between the hole in the tab and the edge of the body...effectively moving the hole inboard. Then cut off the tab at the original hole. You won't hurt the slave cyl, but you will not be able to return it if it doesn't work for any other reason.

• 4 weeks later...

update for the concerned:

i have been off and on with the 320 for some time. not that im neglecting it but since the tranny seal or ??? went bad i decided just to pull the engine and clean it up a little while i rebuild the tranny in hopes to make it to JCCS. if not, there are plans, though it'll be a slow build, there will be plans for the 320.

whats slowing me down is i have to sell my other truck -but- i have to repair it before i move ahead. its not a datto, its a chevy :o..and also my honda which im planning on ratrodding it out a little

ideas right now are the obvious of getting it running again, rhino line or line-x the bed, paint the truck and wheels, add a stereo, new upholstery, re-chrome all trim and stuff that has chrome, clean the suspension and engine, and make some plaque as homage to "Ratsun" and all the insight all you have left behind and gave me.

as of now, i bought some bullet lugs and caps but the caps are running a little small. i read you can flare them out...sooooo... does anyone have an idea how i can flare them out?... i can mail them to you or just give me a play by play and i can attempt to do it at work. i think i just need 1/4" all around and it'll shorten the cap and look better on the wheel. once that is done, i am going to repair the few busted wheel studs... here are some pics:

CIMG0082-1.jpg

CIMG0080-1.jpg

this is the gap i'd need to work with:

CIMG0079-1.jpg

CIMG0077-1.jpg

CIMG0087.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

with this i ask MKLOTZ 70:

are you still selling the dics conversion set?

if so - do i need to do anything besides buy the caplipers, rotors, and conversion kit, and some of the fabrication/buy new of the brake lines?

---would i need to really replace the master brake cylinder?

---i read the thread and it said i may have to machine down, is this true?

(just trying to get everything prepped before i commit to this)

if there is alot of information, i can pm you for info. and thanks for the help so far

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

and i also requested 6 lug 14" stock wheels on the "items wanted" so if any of those reading this and know someone who can part out with a set please let me know

-or-

is it difficult to convert the 6 lug to 5 lug set up for the 320?... seems like there are more 5 lug options out there but this is just an idea for now unless it is easily do-able.

That sounds like about it, I haven't looked in awhile.

I personally wouldn't use the stock m/c, but I've heard of other guys doing it. If you're already making brake lines, it's the best time to do it.

If you use '83ish 720 hubs, you don't need to machine the hubs. The machining is for the late 720 and hardbody hubs....to use with stock wheels.

One of these days, I should check into using Toyota hubs with my kit.....since the bearings are the same in the Toy hub and the 720 hub, it probably wouldn't take much to make it work. As of right now, I don't know of any 5 lug options for kingpins.

Burrito, I used 1980 720 hubs on my Mike klotz brackets & the stock 320 wheels fit the hubs fine, no machining required.

Mike does this mean there will be another run of the famous Klots disk brake kits?

There will be...hopefully in the next month or so. I was going to use some of the money from the wgn to order up parts, but oh well. :)

Just FYI on the clutch slave....I just put a 620 slave into Paula's 521....it looked the same as the one Burrito put in, but it didn't have the tab sticking out that he had to modify. I'll have to put up some pics of what I did and put a link here. The 521's frame is at least 3" wider, so the tab would work. I didn't notice the missing tab on the 620 slave until I was about to mount it...so I had to come up with a way to hold the spring. It ought to work really nice on a 320. :)

picked up a new toy...gotta see what this can do.. will post pics of results soon.

CIMG0118.jpg

CIMG0119-1.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________

and mike (if you read this), charlie69 gave me the motivation to convert to disc so if you do make your famous convesion kits again please put me down for one set. i will slowly buy the needed parts till that time.

With the blasting cabinet & the pressurized sand blasting pot moisture is your worst enemy.

Here is a link that shows a great way to set up compressor air lines to minimize water in the lines.

http://www.tptools.com/pl/Images,metal_pipe_kits_L,74,2035_Modular-Metal-Piping-Kits.html

be careful with the sanblaster it creates lots of dust.

With the blasting cabinet & the pressurized sand blasting pot moisture is your worst enemy.

Here is a link that shows a great way to set up compressor air lines to minimize water in the lines.

be careful with the sanblaster it creates lots of dust.

thanks for the info charlie69. i noticed there was residue on the rim of the tank so i knew there might be some cleaning before i use it. i paid $100 for it so hopefully i can put good use to it

hey everyone... met up with AZhitman on a run to sandiego thursday and picked up some needed parts and met some great guys over at classic datsun motorsports... thanks to AZhitman and charlie69 for the help,,,great people with loads of good information.

but two questions rose when i was talking about my truck... apparently i am suppose to have a column shifter and not a floor shifter but i have a floor shifter -&- there was 3 sets of trim made for the 320 which one was mine.... also, if you read this AZhitman, here are my pics of my trim and the steering column. (and yes, i think my floor did get cut)

if anyone else has input please post and if "i can afford it, i'll restore it!"...lol

CIMG0123-1.jpg

CIMG0124.jpg

CIMG0125.jpg

CIMG0126.jpg

trim___________________________________________

CIMG0134.jpg

CIMG0132.jpg

CIMG0131.jpg

Hey Mike, we need you to do a photo shoot with your NL any way. We need more pictures of you with your NL! Also if Fisch is watching we need another Fisch picture of Mike's NL with Mike in it. How about a group picture of Mike & Burrito with there NL's. :D

Burrito good things come to good people!

Burrito & Mike it would be well worth any wait to see pictures off both your NL together. Also be even beter If AZhitman's NL could be included. Just imagine 3 Running and great looking NL's In the same picture in the 21st Century. :cool:

that is so true charlie69...azhitman was saying when I spoke to him that there are no more than 6 or so nl320's that are running... I plan on hitting canby next year if possible and jccs this year even if I have to trailer it....i hope I can get the truck back at 100% soon ...

Burrito.....I took the time to take these pics and vids while I was replacing the clutch slave on my wife's 521 a few weeks ago. I finally got around to doing a thread on it. I know you're already done, but maybe either you or someone watching your thread will have a use for this info later. :)

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/22972-clutch-slave-adjustment/