There's been a shift in the Datsun Force!!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a really sweet Galaxie! I once bought a '64 Fairlane 500 Sport Coupe because I wanted a '64 Galaxie and couldn't find one. Now, I like the smaller size of the Fairlane better!

I'm still trying to decide if I actually want to follow through on this project....it's a big commitment and I haven't even finished any of my others. :(

Thanks for sharing! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Another shift!!! :o Stopped in at the Kia dealer...long story, but I just came up with the idea just before lunch today. Got some pics of this really nice 2011 SOUL.

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

After signing a few papers, I drove it off the show room floor without pulling a nickle or a dime (haha 510) out of my pocket. It's the first 2011 they'd sold....let alone one in this brand new color (denim). So far, I absolutely love it.....but it's a bit hard to tell after 15miles :) 10yr/100k warranty on everything! At least for awhile, I'm going to be a Datsun builder/observer instead of a driver :)

IMG_0426.jpg

th_IMG_0428.jpg

th_IMG_0429.jpg

th_IMG_0430.jpg

....and pwr windows, ....and pwr door locks.......and a/c.....and cruise.....and tilt......and.....and.....and.....yep..there's a lot to be said!! :) I've still got a couple of 521's that need some lovin' :)

i am really fighting the urge to make a hamster joke right now

I've heard that a couple of times....is there a joke about the SOUL? I never watch commercials.....oh...wait....is this the car where all the ....okay....now I remember it somewhat. Okay...up to speed...went and googled it :) After looking at the 2009 and 2010 online....it's like they "dulled down" the 2011.....which is fine with me :)

You're selling off/trading off all your datsuns, and now buying kia's/fords. Somethings wrong with you man

Matter of perspective :) I'm finally getting "right". Turning a wrench was never a thrill for me. I'm getting much more focused on exactly what it is I want. At this point, I'd much rather have a car I can drive anywhere I want......to maybe help other dato owners...??? :) Long story, but I'm not jumping off the dato ship just yet. :)

Mike's got soul.

I've spent the last several months doing a lot of personal soul searching....rather poetic that I bought a car with that name. :)

I've heard that a couple of times....is there a joke about the SOUL? I never watch commercials.....oh...wait....is this the car where all the ....okay....now I remember it somewhat. Okay...up to speed...went and googled it :) After looking at the 2009 and 2010 online....it's like they "dulled down" the 2011.....which is fine with me :)

Matter of perspective :) I'm finally getting "right". Turning a wrench was never a thrill for me. I'm getting much more focused on exactly what it is I want. At this point, I'd much rather have a car I can drive anywhere I want......to maybe help other dato owners...??? :) Long story, but I'm not jumping off the dato ship just yet. :)

I've spent the last several months doing a lot of personal soul searching....rather poetic that I bought a car with that name. :)

I just had to give you shit mike :D

Wish i had the means for something a little more modern for daily driving myself!

I know Tim :) This is the first new car ever for Paula and I...it's gonna be a bit weird at first pulling into someone's driveway and not worrying about if it will drip oil......or watching it fog the neighborhood with smoke when it starts up(Paula's van is starting to smoke pretty good) Maybe one of these days, I'll drop in and help on some datsun prob you're having at the time :)

....and pwr windows, ....and pwr door locks.......and a/c.....and cruise.....and tilt......and.....and.....and.....yep..there's a lot to be said!! :)

It kinda takes the motivation away I find. My '01 Jetta has these features and it drives so nicely, hard to keep working on the Datsun.

I am a fan of the new boxy cars, but i can't ever decide which one i like the best. I love the color you picked! I have a blue jean couch! I was looking at ads for first gen Scion Boxs just the other day. We got a new V8 Jeep which is bad-ass but we can't barely afford to fill it up! What's the gas milage/fun factor ratio here. Good milage is important, but you got to have a little fun.

It kinda takes the motivation away I find. My '01 Jetta has these features and it drives so nicely, hard to keep working on the Datsun.

For me, the driving part was never the motivation anyway. :) I did actually enjoy driving my 510 wgn...my original one years ago....L16/auto.

I am a fan of the new boxy cars, but i can't ever decide which one i like the best. I love the color you picked! I have a blue jean couch! I was looking at ads for first gen Scion Boxs just the other day. We got a new V8 Jeep which is bad-ass but we can't barely afford to fill it up! What's the gas milage/fun factor ratio here. Good milage is important, but you got to have a little fun.

I prefer the looks of the Scion...maybe the second gen over the first...my wife can't stand either...basically came down to most bang for the buck and warranty weighed in heavily. Seriously though...I didn't even look at any others. This one is peppy enough....but I didn't mind my L16/auto....so power isn't much of an issue with me. Haven't finished the first tank yet, so I don't know on the mileage yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I may just have to start a thread for this in the non-dato section. :)

I needed to bring home a tranny for the fairlane....so I modified my Soul within the first week. I didn't actually do anything to the car itself...just added some usability! :) It hauled the tranny perfectly!!!

I trip from Spokane to Everett on hwy2....driving through the mountains with the windows down and the stereo blasting........friggin' awesome!!!! I seriously had a couple of "soulful" moments!! :)

101_3682.jpg

101_3683.jpg

101_3686.jpg

101_3687.jpg

101_3688.jpg

101_3712.jpg

101_3714.jpg