my 1968 PL510 station wagOOn

420n620

just bought this 68 wagoon last Monday 3-1-10 and I thought I would wait a few days to let the excitement kinda wear off, felt like a little boy seeing his first gurl friend ~ getting wood. I found it on craig's list and what was great was it was right here in my home town about 6.73 minutes away, had to stop at the stop signs or other wise it would have been only 1.6 minutes. anywayz I won't bore you with the details so on with the pic's. oH, and I got to drive it home instead of towing ~~ swaaet ;)

IMG_3384.jpg

IMG_3380.jpg

IMG_3381.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

here's is sum unusual ~ rare goodies :o

IMG_3388.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

miss match mirrors

IMG_3392.jpg

IMG_3393.jpg

side draft air cleaner, under hood vacuum gauge... super rare

IMG_3390.jpg

and of course, the original Datsun battery strap ~ I think

IMG_3391.jpg

once I got it home I started looking for body damage and all I found was that the left rear had been lightly hit and thats it. hardly any rust issues, just going to need a lot of TLC which I'm up to. anyway, whats you think for 500$ oh and I snaged up another L16 w/ trans, motor still turns over for another 50 bucks.

IMG_3398.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the what? Is there a sudden surge of for sale 1968 wagons? Nice ride for sure...what are your plans for it?

Oh and I really like that indoor/outdoor green turf carpet going on in there! :cool:

NICE! Cool looking lil gOOn. I like the dash lite LOL! Another Datsun for you.

yea, another Datsun, I think I'm up to 13. the wife is not to happy but shes just going to have to get over it and if she don't, well I got a place to sleep now.

WELCOME TO THE GOON SQUAD!

Nice goon! Its got RATSUN character all over it!

...not feeling the hood ornament tho <_<

ーゴキ

when I saw the hood ornament I thought the same but when I was driving it home, it was kinda cool.. it won't be on there when it comes time to fix it up. cool wall piece i believe. where / how who do I get a goon sticker from. I got a ratsun sticker for now.

What the what? Is there a sudden surge of for sale 1968 wagons? Nice ride for sure...what are your plans for it?

Oh and I really like that indoor/outdoor green turf carpet going on in there! :cool:

I've noticed that to lately, what have the Datsun gods got up there sleve or gown.

for as the plan, just clean it up, then if I have the time, I'm going to put the L20/5 speed in her, the one I was going to put into the 72 4dr dime. which is now on the back burnner because of the gOOn.

I pulled up the indoor/outdoor carpet and NO rust, none, nota. thank god

when I saw the hood ornament I thought the same but when I was driving it home, it was kinda cool.. it won't be on there when it comes time to fix it up. cool wall piece i believe. where / how who do I get a goon sticker from. I got a ratsun sticker for now.

that would be me... PM me

I'm running low on GOON SQUAD stickers and don't know when I'll be running more.

Currently, I have GREEN in both styles... RED and BLACK in "GOON ENDS" style.

-goki

Man that car has Ratsun all over it, the plastic wing windows, the gauges, the blue dash light, astro turf, hood ornament, old school tach, weird under hood gauge, old-tire-for-an-air-cleaner-adapter, and even a trailer hitch. Saw-weet! I'm kinda diggin the hood ornament. What kind of carb is that? Doesn't look like a normal Datsun carb.

I like it!send me those HUBCAPS

if I got rid of them, then all you would see was my nuts, don't want to expose my nuts now. ;)

Man that car has Ratsun all over it, the plastic wing windows, the gauges, the blue dash light, astro turf, hood ornament, old school tach, weird under hood gauge, old-tire-for-an-air-cleaner-adapter, and even a trailer hitch. Saw-weet! I'm kinda diggin the hood ornament. What kind of carb is that? Doesn't look like a normal Datsun carb.

good eye, the only rare options you missed was the turn signal indicators on top of the fenders and the flood lights on the front bumper.

I'll check into the carb, it's the same model as the spare engine I got also.

I was messing with the blue dash light yesterday and it only works when you pull it back wards, towards the driver, I've read where these dimes don't have the greatest dash light so I assume it's for a over ride light.

I like that, specially the speedo...what's up with the hood ornament?

for now it's staying on the car, when the time comes I'll prob sell it, I've got way to much stuff.

68s are coming out the woods...man can i get 1?... :lol:

not this one but all I can tell ya is keep on looking in your local paper, one's got to pop up sooner or later, there starting to come out this year. must be the year of the 68's. :lol:

I dig the whole thing. Hood ornament and all.

Thanks Rod, from how everyone likes the way it looks, maybe I souldn't touch it. maybe another pumpkn car :rofl: , I'll have to think about that. I would perfer a shiney car like urs. time will tell, but I think I know which way she will go...

Do the turn signal indicators on the fenders actually work....ala, Cadillac of the 70's? If so I'd keep them, even on the resto.

yeah, they do. they look to be from a mopar from the late 60's or early 70's. If anyone else thinks I should keep them on, let me know. I kinda like them also.

1 question, whats up with the front side marker lights, the small one is original but the larger one, I don't think it's suppose to be there. maybe I'll remove one today and see what it looks like under neath it to see if it's been hacked or ????.

Get soem TR3 cleaner/polish.

get battery hold down clean up the basics and get a Pertronix if its a single point dizzy.

good new hoses and heater hoses and that thing should be pretty much goo to go.

I like it. I seen poeple pay more for alot, alot worse

it sure could use a good wash, I'll try to this weekend. wash & polish.

you want me to clean the bungee ~ :huh:

the L20 that I'm installing is from a 77 710, it has EI ~ saweet.

the lady I bought the goon from had like 6 to 8 calls on it, I think I got there just in time, plus in my own home town which saved me time, fuel and she was so happy that she knows that it went to a person that luvs Datsun. it was her deceased husbands car and she said that NO one else ever got to drive it. :D

it sure could use a good wash, I'll try to this weekend. wash & polish.

you want me to clean the bungee ~ :huh:

I think there was supposed to be a space or a "and" in there...get a battery tie down and clean up the basics...

in other words, fix the bad or jury rigged junk first, then start cleaning the car up :)