Carbon fiber

sssr20det510

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kinda price are we talking for a full kit for a 70 Wagon...

In FG?

In CF?

In Silver?

I might be real keen on a full set of silver. Doors, kicks, cargo sides, sills, hatch hinge cover, everything in the silver. Console too! Dunno about a silver dash though... I was thinking of dooing billet handles and latches

Hey theres' an idea! Carbon door handles/pulls, window cranks and door latches. Good looking handles/pulls seem to be impossible to find. They are always all warped up...

Hey all you Datsun Heads I would like to introduce my self, My name is David Pare. I'm a Datsun head from way back. Now that i have a composites business i figured i would make almost everything i can for the 510 (all models). With a little patients, I will have all the molds made. And have parts ready faster. Here is a wagon rear hinge cover. More new parts to come.

Image09.jpg

:thumbup:

What kinda price are we talking for a full kit for a 70 Wagon...

In FG?

In CF?

In Silver?

I might be real keen on a full set of silver. Doors, kicks, cargo sides, sills, hatch hinge cover, everything in the silver. Console too! Dunno about a silver dash though... I was thinking of dooing billet handles and latches

Hey theres' an idea! Carbon door handles/pulls, window cranks and door latches. Good looking handles/pulls seem to be impossible to find. They are always all warped up...

I would have to sit down and figure it all out for you if you seriously interested but you can go to my web site www.parecomposites.com then go to

automotive . about door handles i was thinking more about carbon wraping it, sand blast a door handle, cut 3 plys of carbon, vacuum bag the carbon

to the handle after it drys trim it then clear it, wet sand ,clear it , wet sand clear it again until you get the depth you want .

• 1 month later...

I hate to report about my experience with Mr. David Pare, but.....

I Ordered over $700 worth of CF for my wagon on the 3rd of April. I have called and faxed David at the first of every month and everytime he says that he will send door panels or some different part of the order. I have tried to be patient because I want all the parts to make the car look complete.

So far to date he finally sent the hinge cover and some rear door panels, but all the rest of the order has still not arrived even though when I contact him he always promises that he is sending some parts and I will see them in a week.

I sure would like to have the rest of my order fullfilled. This is a business transaction, I paid with a visa card. I have a business and do not operate in this fashion.

The pieces that I have recieved look good. I will have negitive feedback for Mr. Pare until I recieve the rest of my order.

They are safari vents, they actually just stick onto the bonnet. My mate got a set off yahoo japan.

so the safari vents are just a stick on decoration? as in they're not functional? that's totally LAME. I was hoping for some kind of duct-work underneath. something to draw in cold air instead of a hood scoop.

I hate to report about my experience with Mr. David Pare, but.....

I Ordered over $700 worth of CF for my wagon on the 3rd of April. I have called and faxed David at the first of every month and everytime he says that he will send door panels or some different part of the order. I have tried to be patient because I want all the parts to make the car look complete.

So far to date he finally sent the hinge cover and some rear door panels, but all the rest of the order has still not arrived even though when I contact him he always promises that he is sending some parts and I will see them in a week.

I sure would like to have the rest of my order fullfilled. This is a business transaction, I paid with a visa card. I have a business and do not operate in this fashion.

The pieces that I have recieved look good. I will have negitive feedback for Mr. Pare until I recieve the rest of my order.

I have the same problem with getting parts on time, but then i start looking on the internet for other companys that make the same parts and no luck. Yes david is slowwwwwwww, but he is one guy trying to make parts and get new molds made for more parts. So be more patient.

I have seen him reject almost perfect parts, instead of sending out what he might concider shit, and be on time with an order

I have the same problem with getting parts on time, but then i start looking on the internet for other companys that make the same parts and no luck. Yes david is slowwwwwwww, but he is one guy trying to make parts and get new molds made for more parts. So be more patient.

I have seen him reject almost perfect parts, instead of sending out what he might concider shit, and be on time with an order

This dude has been waiting 8 months,How much more patient do you suppose he should be. People need to just be honest! Like if your selling parts full of bondo dont write "NO FILLER" honesty dosent cost anything and you may just have some self dignity.If your gonna sell a hood you have the mold done first. If your gonna sell a fender you make sure the mold is done first. Its not rocket science,its just having your ducks in a row.If you want fiberglass of carbon fiber for your 510,there are mainly two manufacturers.They both charge an arm and a leg and one offers more parts but from what I have read people are waiting and waiting and waiting. I do not have that many parts to choose from I am the R&D guy the production worker and the receptionist. I will mail parts out in less than 8 days not 8 months.

• 3 weeks later...

Its no longer personal.Honest is honest. These dont look O.E.M (next page) I never said anything about you selling me sill plates full of bondo,so you fingered yourself.The fact that you sold me parts full of bondo after stating "no filler" was between you and I until you decided to say get over it. I also did not appreciate being called an asshole when I demanded some of my money back weeks after the transaction. All these unpleasantries so unecessary. Dont lie,dont cheat,dont steal its really quite simple.

those look ok to me!

I suport buying parts form these guys as not many part guys left.

But there is a period of waiting as people just cant make a run of parts and then people dont buy them and the maker is out of money(no profit) or no motivation to make more.

I had got stuff from Neely and got them fast. I dont know if he still makes them but he used to have a website. Neely motorsports.

Pare makes cool looking stuff at a afforsable price.

Kmc stuff looks good also. I like the hoods but wary of no reenforcements(hood may bow going fast)

Dave @Fotofab looks good too but price is very High.

Datsunmotorsport sells stuff to but heard of being slow or late delivery also.

Byron510 makes Spook dams as well and look good

but to ask and see what made and on hand first before ordering

be honest I always ask Jeff Hino(icehouse) and he gives me a report on the stuff if they ever install them on cars. Like my floorpans from rediron. He says they are so so .

any chance on getting some 210 parts made?

Someone has to be making 210 stuff.The problem is N.O.S stuff is expensive. And if someone has a part in good shape they are gonna use it rather than give it up to be used as a mold. And damage can occur in the process usually as your popping (removing the actual mold from the master part.Depends on the contour of the part.

• Like 1

Well I called David Pare and he said that he was going to ship the rest of my order out by the end of the year so we will see. I'm planning a trip south and I hope it DOES NOT involve having to stop at his shop other than to say great job. I have the rear hatch hinge cover and some of the order, but I did not want to install any of it until I have all the pieces to make it complete. I would like to order other pieces also. We will see.