Carbon fiber

sssr20det510

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone received the CF rear hatch hinge covers mine is all super faded and getting old for that price THAT IS AMAZING! I would love to see it installed @ David Thank you for being a truly awesome Datsun guy and supplying us with parts at rock bottom prices I plan on ordering some stuff in the next few months its gonna be an awesome Christmas! Also do you do hoods too?

Has anyone received the CF rear hatch hinge covers mine is all super faded and getting old for that price THAT IS AMAZING! I would love to see it installed @ David Thank you for being a truly awesome Datsun guy and supplying us with parts at rock bottom prices I plan on ordering some stuff in the next few months its gonna be an awesome Christmas! Also do you do hoods too?

I wouldn't mind seeing one installed. Mine is about done.

Making carbon fiber parts for race cars is so much easier than making them for street cars. LOL

You can make the same part out of less carbon, less time, and sell it for way more money than doing it for a street car. It just hast to be light and strong.

Most of those panels are cut out of a sheet of carbon, which anybody can do with a good jig saw and a couple sheets of mail-ordered pre-cured carbon.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about trying my hand at CF/FB and doing this. I was thinking about molding in a spot for three gauges right above the heater controls.

well you can start buy buying one of my Fiber glass dash pads, then cutting out the areas where your to put

gauges. Then mold in the shape of the gauges, maybe using the center section of a paper or plastic cup. Then

fiber glassing or bondo over that sand it out all nice and smooth, then put a nice glossy paint job over that,

wax it up real good , flange all around the "plug " then wax all over, then gelcoat, then fiberglass over the

gelcaot then pull the "plug" out and now you have your mold!!!