A Datsun from the Darkside...

vador280z

Hi, since a while i'm reading here without being a member. But now things have changed and wanted to show you my 280z

So, it's a 1976 Datsun 280z

Mods:

-Ground Control coilover (225F/250R) with tokico illuminas and sectionned struts

-n42/n42 motor Turbo (parts from a 280zx turbo that I put on my rebuilt NA engine), stock t3, pretty large custom FMIC, 10-11psi for now :D

-Megasquirt

-Good tyres, Yokohama avs-es100 225-50-16

Exterior: 240z FG bumpers, front 240z airdam with 240z flasher too (funny things is that I have the 280z ones too...), SPAtechniques very small mirrors and Bre spoiler... I don't want anything more for the esthetic

Coming this winter:

- silverminesmotor Stage 4 brake kit Front and Rear

- 6 points rollbar

- simmons wheels 16x9 -6 front and 16x10 -6 rear ;)

4011355225_ec75913e2b_b.jpg

4011343049_6f4dd3bf4e_b.jpg

4066002802_522445845f_b.jpg

And teaser for summer 2010:

4252543638_32519ea82f_o.png

4252546114_d57d418cdc_o.png

4252549052_c9076f9fab_o.png

So thats it, I read a lot but I don't talk very much since my english is not perfect so it is nice to be a member on Ratsun.net ;)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and dont worry about your english, your grammar is better than some of the english speaking memebers here (you know who you are :sneaky: ) :rofl:

Skib, you've had some of the worst spelling and grammar on here. That's the pot calling the kettle black. However, I've noticed now that you're a moderator your spelling and grammar has improved 10000% :P

Still, you should should use an apostrophe for don't (since it is a contaction of do and not) and please capitalize English, since it is a proper noun, lol ;)

What is a memebers? (<= just kidding, I know it's a typo)

Skib, you've had some of the worst spelling and grammar on here. That's the pot calling the kettle black. However, I've noticed now that you're a moderator your spelling and grammar has improved 10000% :P

Still, you should should use an apostrophe for don't (since it is a contaction of do and not) and please capitalize English, since it is a proper noun, lol ;)

What is a memebers? (<= just kidding, I know it's a typo)

lol no , HybridZ changed my grammar 2 years ago :rofl:

its not always the best but Im conscientious of it, Im dyslexic so anyone who wants to nit pick can :fu:

My engine bay is very dirty and not so cool to look at (need a wire tuck and a new paint)

But I have picture of my interior. Now the wood steering wheel is a decoration (He was cracked and became a little bit dangerous) Now it's a momo deep dish

Intrieur.jpg

Intrieur2.jpg

Intrieur5.jpg

Hope you like!

heh, i'll use a egt condom dont worry :)

ahah it's ok this way!

those wheel are just amazeing,, simmons wheels 16x9 -6 front and 16x10 -6 rear will it take heavy strut mods,,other than coil overs??

I did roll my fenders and with the coilover, they are my only mods to fit those wheels.;)

Really nice Z!!!

I was hoping those wheels wouldn't sell so I could buy them up later. :) ...I used to own them

So did you have them professionally measured? How did you figure out they're -6mm? I always thought they were zero offset

I'm the defender of the French and the Canadian! ...but not the French-Canadian

Really nice Z!!!

I was hoping those wheels wouldn't sell so I could buy them up later. :) ...I used to own them

So did you have them professionally measured? How did you figure out they're -6mm? I always thought they were zero offset

I'm the defender of the French and the Canadian! ...but not the French-Canadian

The offset was on the sell thread :

From Drax240z:

The 9" wheels are 4.5" backspacing. (-6mm offset)

The 10" wheels are 5.0" backspacing. (-6mm offset)

It is flush near the coilovers for the rear. I saw them the first day they was for sell on hybridz one year ago and wanted them but it was too pricey for me at this time... I was really surprise that they was still for sale so I jumped the occasion in december! They are not perfect but I think this is the kind of wheels that worth the money to retore. They weight approximatly the same as my Sportmax and they are larger so this is pretty nice!

Hope you will find some other nice wheels in the futur for your car!

Thx for the comments about the car

The offset was on the sell thread :

From Drax240z:

The 9" wheels are 4.5" backspacing. (-6mm offset)

The 10" wheels are 5.0" backspacing. (-6mm offset)

It is flush near the coilovers for the rear. I saw them the first day they was for sell on hybridz one year ago and wanted them but it was too pricey for me at this time... I was really surprise that they was still for sale so I jumped the occasion in december! They are not perfect but I think this is the kind of wheels that worth the money to retore. They weight approximatly the same as my Sportmax and they are larger so this is pretty nice!

Hope you will find some other nice wheels in the futur for your car!

Thx for the comments about the car

so did you get thos wheels form Drax on HybridZ?