"New" 521 owner from SPEED Channel

Rutroe

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you made it over here Rutledge! i love this truck. i guess you already knew about the site! {i'm altimacharlie from IA}

Thanks man ! Hopefully the Garage Zero guys will be making this bad boy stop a little quicker soon.

Come on Rutledge -

Where are those pics??? :blink:

Bob! I read your entire thread...wow. I'm so impressed. Pics will be up when it stops raining in GA! Plus I had to go to Charlotte for NASCAR Night/Haiti Benefit

Sup Rut!!

I enjoy all your antics on all the SPEED NASCAR shows...now that your a fellow Ratsun owner I have even more respect!! I love that truck of yours just the way it is...ok maybe kick it in the knees a little but not too much. :D

Thanks man! I love it so far...I'm actually trailering it to Daytona since we're there for almost 2 weeks, so it might make it on air someway...I can't wait to take it on the beach. I'll definitely take some pics of that. It's still so crazy to be standing on Daytona Beach and realize what they used to do. Amazing. Thanks for watching !

what up rutledge...... you comedic genious, you....hey if you get me a date with Danika Patrick i will give you my 521...hahahaha :lol: :lol: .....super nice truck.... i always think its cool when you find out famous people drive regular old cars and trucks... now i will think of you bombing down the highway in your 521 everytime i see you on speed...welcome to the ratsun... what would it take to get you to wear a ratsun t shirt during a broadcast....or stand infront of something with a ratsun sticker clearly visable...

Are there stickers and shirts ?????? Where where where ?

Thanks again for all the support....JRock, if I see pictures of your truck, I may just have to take you both out together to make a pair at my house :)

I think I'm going to try and adjust the drums before I head to daytona for sure. I want to do one of the disc kits, but not sure which one. I'm leaning towards MKlotz kit since I have 14's on the truck, and although they aren't stock, I think sticking with that kit might be better for me as the truck sits...but Beebani also has a rear kit,so who knows..maybe just spread the love around :)

Might have more pics for everyone tomorrow since I got a plate today and it stopped raining finally

• 2 weeks later...

Today was maybe the coolest day I've had with the Datsun...I spent the day driving around Daytona Beach,FL shooting a piece for NASCAR.com and SPEEDTV.com using my truck. We did a neat tour of the town that I'll post so everyone can see when it's done on wednesday.

The highlight was driving the truck on the beach. I can't believe that people used to do that and it was so fun to have my truck out there. I'll get some pics of it up too...

Hope you're watching it all on SPEED while we're down here in Daytona for SPEEDWeeks

• 9 months later...

Nice old school look. I hope to start on my 521 as soon as the wagon project is done and possibly after the Z . I have some ideas on what the 521 should look like. The wagon is almost complete... I need to take new pics.

29861790014_large.jpg

Damn I love this wagon. :)

the interior pic confused me at first. I was puzzled at your drivers seat with the ball warmer vents, then realized that was actually part of your center console. I guess the ball warmers are still just a caddy option. I'll be excited to see the Top Gear U.S. show, been hooked on the Brit version since I got t.v., and Speed is one of my most watched channels, along with VS. and Spike.