Home built Hotness!

Pumpkn210

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok u ready for some constructive critisism?

im wondering if you just mount those carbs straight to the intake runners.. and maybe put a balance tube between em.. not sure if they'd work like that.. or maybe just make the box smaller? seems to be a lil over kill in the volume department heh..

but i like what your doin with the header there, that thing looks beefy.. are you going to grind it all down and polish it?

it looks like you can take a hell of alot of material out of those heads compared to the l heads.. i bet u could fit an egg in that intake port haha

what the hell did you get those carbs off? those things are huuge! hahahaha dayum son..

you ever think about motorcycle carbs? 4 carbs on an A series, at 9000 rpms.. its got to be magical!

either way thats gunna be some road warrior shit!

ok u ready for some constructive critisism?

im wondering if you just mount those carbs straight to the intake runners.. and maybe put a balance tube between em.. not sure if they'd work like that.. or maybe just make the box smaller? seems to be a lil over kill in the volume department heh..

but i like what your doin with the header there, that thing looks beefy.. are you going to grind it all down and polish it?

it looks like you can take a hell of alot of material out of those heads compared to the l heads.. i bet u could fit an egg in that intake port haha

what the hell did you get those carbs off? those things are huuge! hahahaha dayum son..

you ever think about motorcycle carbs? 4 carbs on an A series, at 9000 rpms.. its got to be magical!

either way thats gunna be some road warrior shit!

Why would they not work? Have you seen the cross ram or other 50s and 60s mopar factory intakes? They were huge and long!

The exh mani we will try to make look stock! Using sand blaster and an oil soak!

Those are "Stupid Rare"-Shonuff, weber 34 single barrel downies. They are off a baja bug 1600.

4 Mikuni dirt bike carbs are next. Then this setup will go onto the goon!

Will the hood close? :lol:

Little late but would have been cool with air horns on the runner ends.

Webcon%20Air%20Intake%20Horns%20sm.jpg

I would love to put those on the carbs!

And not only do they clear, but they line right up with the scoup that was already there!

100_3186.jpg

Wouldn't it make (a lot more) sense to mount those carbs to individual elbows? I see a lot of bad things happening with how they look now, but maybe you have more in mind that you didn't describe.

What do you mean, "bad things"? We are gonna re-solder it with some better rod. It should be able to stand the shaking of the engine!

You gonna pull the choke/idle circuit outta the secondary carb????? or do ya got a big cam to run both as primarys???

Yes, it will have a HUGE cam and chokes are for pussys like you! :unsure:

yea, basicly you weld the air horn thing inthe inttake runner, it helps improve air flow and atomazation ect.. then put some in the tops of them carbs an it should be a real sucker! lol :cool:

it might also help if your plenum was round, or even better, Oval! lol this things gonna be a monster

So after much thought, we have decided to go with two curved pipes coming up from the head instead of a huge box. We will use the tubing we have for the cross-tube. I am going to the junk yard to look for curved tubes to cut off of a manifold. Was gonna just cut them off there with a saws all if they look to hard to remove. Any ideas on cars to look out for? Seen a couple fiats in there with the weird slant fours. Maybe saabs and such?