UN620 Pick-up double-cab

ggzilla

Previously we discussed U-type Datsun Trucks, but we didn't have a topic for this unique-among-the-Us Datsun UN620.

UN620 is a Coupe Utility, a truck with integral cargo bed -- rather than a separate bed -- and with coupe lines. Note these coupe lines:

6204str.jpg

Nissan called this the "620 Pickup", while the normal 620s were always called "620 Truck" and the King Cab the "620 Custom".

p4.jpg

UN620 came in Standard (UN620S) and Deluxe models (UN620)

Standard

f0081398_1143965.jpg

Yes, you can use them for hauling:

p1.jpg

620 Pickup used Datsun 1200 wagon (VB110) rear lights, 1200 sedan rear bumper and 1200 2-dr sedan rear side-window latches. And it was fitted with the Datsun 1200 pickup loading label ("LOADING CAPACITY 400KG").

datsun-pickup2.JPG

UN620 came with J15 engine like other N620s. No other engine was offered, hence all "U" 620s are UN620. It was equipped with R4W63 column-shift 4-speed and H190 rear end.

08101502_DATSUNs.jpg

dat620wpu01.gif

low-rider customized UN620

U620.jpg

One guy has customized his UN620 into a Sedan, oddly enough. Note the trunk lid:

three6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great picture!

By the way, it's not a unibody. UN620 has a full frame, just a like a regular 620 truck. Unibody vehicles don't have a frame.

Here many people call these El Camino-style because we don't have many of this body style and hence no name for it, but in Australia where they are very common it is called a Coupe Utility body. It can be unibody or not. Datsun LB120 is unibody, Datsun NL320 is not. You can buy a 2009 GM with small-block GEN III engine, or a 2009 Ford with V8. Or a little Jumbuck.

GM SS

180px-2006_Holden_VZ_Ute_Thunder_S_01.jpg

Ford Turbo

180px-2005-2006_Ford_BF_Falcon_Ute_XR6_Turbo.jpg

2007 Nissan LDV 1400

15562.jpg

The possibility of importing one into the United States is 100%. I got mine from G-Speed, just call them and ask for a 1984 or older so there is no problem with importing or licensing.

Of course the UN620 being somewhat uncommon may end up costing a fair bit. The B120 ute like in my avatar is not expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

Half car half truck=strange LOL. GM was going to bring the Ausie version in, but it was to be a Pontiac instead of a Chevy ElCamino, but since Pontiac is no more, and GM's problems, it's not to be. If you go to 3rd world counties, you see a lot of crewcab minis as they can't afford a car and a truck both, and need room for the whole family. When I go to the Philippines, I see a lot of Toyotas and Isuzus, but not to many Datsuns/Nissans.:cool:

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...