Is it just me, or does the new search function suck?

HRH

Help me out here. Am I completely retarded? Even with the advanced search, I try to put in say "power+steering" and it highlights every known post with either word. Can't find a damn thing. Was looking for power steering options for the 510, to see if anyone has retrofitted any truck boxes or rack and pinions easily. Search doesn't seem to work very well. Is that anything we can improve upon, or am I just screwing it up?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recognizing the Admins work :) , the technology is a little more advanced , but I wished it searched for key words in the thread title's more than words inside the threads themselves ( a broad search :mellow: ) ( assuming everyone understands how to title their thread correctly :lol: ) Other than that the new site is great ! :D :cool:

Ya it's kind of weak. I can type the exact thread name and it won't be in the 1st page of results lol, idk how that works.

I think maybe it uses the words and finds the newest matches instead of just the most relevant.

why do we have to live with it ,,this is a sub par site now ,,the old site was much easier to used ,,i have topics saved that i cant view ,,one is (ice house ) your how to wire a ka ,,i have to search for a couple of min. to find it ,,its not in the dropdown of topic ,,and the serch just sux ,,please help me under stand who this change was good for ,,im not one to complain ,,and ive tried to get used to this change but their has been no gain to this change

Guest kamakazi620

^^^^NICE^^^^^^ +1 for jdm510 Uuuhhhh I mean hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate

Ok Ladies and Gents , next to the "Search" button 3/4 of the way up on the right hand side is a little button highlighted and marked in blue called "Advanced" click it before typing in your search words, now you can type in your search words there and search by either "title" , "author" , "date" etc ! Try it you might like it ;) :D Thanks Admins :D

why do we have to live with it

because

1. its all free

2. the change over, new set up, and working out the bugs of using a new software isnt being handled by a giant team of software engineers, its being taken care of by one dude whos done a shitload of work behind the scenes.

all bugs/problems brought up are noted and are usually taken care of pretty quickly.

Iv had the pleasure of meeting Thomas and hes a super rad dude, and hes put a lot of work into keeping our favorite site on the net and hes certainly not getting paid to do it.

Ok Ladies and Gents , next to the "Search" button 3/4 of the way up on the right hand side is a little button highlighted and marked in blue called "Advanced" click it before typing in your search words, now you can type in your search words there and search by either "title" , "author" , "date" etc ! Try it you might like it ;) :D Thanks Admins :D

actually.... thats been there the whole time (Iv never not noticed it anyway)

Yeah, I've tried the "advanced" search, it's not so hot. I almost wonder if searching through google will yield more results if you put ratsun.net at the end of what you're searching for?

I did just find this on the 510 realm, seems more comprehensive than anything we've discussed here. I'm still holding out for the holy grail of something that fits perfectly. Yeah...I'll wish myself good luck on that! But I am going to see if I can find a 720 power steering rack from an 80 model, I have a thought it might fit the original steering box location on the 510 pretty well.

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7613&hilit=power+steering&sid=a86fd5ec41df2763563cd70005a84693&start=135

HAHA, I just tried it, and the first hit that came up was this thread with "power steering retrofit ratsun.net" I think google has us beat! :)

If you put quotes around "power steering", and check titles only, it comes up with 11 pretty good results.