whats up with the site.... Oh, just chillin'.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got what I consider a serious error today. Posting a reply nothing happened so I hit the button again, the alert that it was a duplicate post came up and immediately the entire screen went forum grey and froze my computer. Then after a few ctrl+alt+del try's the page popped up on my 2nd monitor all frozen and chopped up so it looked like 5 screwed up pages. Had to restart, very annoying.......

Whoa! Did this thread just die? No, no, no. It can't die! :lol:

It's 12:40 am and I don't have to work until 10:40A tomorrow, and I just got finished wiring the electric fan using my ever so cool 85 Maxima fan switch, relay, and 10" fan. FS157 if I remember the correct number. Spendy switch but it looks as if it could take the fan load even without the relay. Beefy! Ran it to a Nissan blue relay, anyone know the amperage? I'm guessing 20A or better. It's higher than the greens (headlights) and is labeled main relay on the hardbody, so I figure the main relay ought to be able to handle a little wussy 10" fan just fine.

Anyway, soldered all connections, even yanked apart the blue Nissan relay connector and rewired it with all my leads so after I put the wiring loom on it, it'll look like factory...if they made those relays in the 70's. Did a nice GM weatherpack connector for the fan, water tight, no failures for future mud/water crossings. The only downside of putting the fan outside of the radiator. Fortunately the flexalite even has what looks to be a little drain, so hopefully it's fairly submersible. Find out I guess. :mellow: I don't plan on ditching it in any lakes, but you never know. Might get distracted by a low-flying pelican. :D

That's it, I'm making some victory tea and boob-tubing it on the couch with the dog and then Fokker will be out!

I may be getting a goon!

Hey Carlos, fix that sig! "your", NOT "you're". Damn kids!:lol:

If (correct) you're (correct) looking for a nice bug and want to get rid of (this one) you're (this one) 510 look here: