whats up with the site.... Oh, just chillin'.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics or it doesn't exist.....

Edit: Oh... shit I just saw the pics on the last page........that red goon looks good

We'll see if every thing follows through.

hahahha indy..

carlos ya doit, but make sure the fucking heater works, an wipers..

that bug u have is cool, but i'd have much more leg room in a goon..

HRH you gotta take an easy on carlos, english is his second language.. hahahhaha JK!

hahahahah, i had to..

surprisingly English is my first language. I don't know Spanish. lol

Yeah man, peddle the bug and snag up the goon.. granted the goon isn't just a clapped-out disaster waiting to happen.

what are some good things to look for? like usual rust spots?

ya make sure it doesnt have the clap, if so, use a rubber..

ill make sure of that when I slide in. lol

Where to look for goon rust:

-floor pans

-Around the steering box mounting bolts

-Around windshields

-Rocker panels

-Frame Rails

-lower part of the doors

-Lower part of the fenders

-underneath the car.....everywhere

-Any structural......or suspension mounting points

-Driver's side floor pan might be like a flinstone's car.........look for shitty body repair/ replaced panels......or replaced floor pans

Appears to be in decent shape, but the only way you'll know for sure is to check it out first-hand.

Look for rust on the driver's side floor. If the heater valve leaks, there'll be a hole around where the gas pedal is. Also, check the passenger side, just for grins'n'giggles. On wagons, the tub(area around/above the rear diff) gets rusty, so check that for rust.

Obviously, body damage and bad bondo, check for that stuff. Take it out and drive it around a bit before you seal the deal.. lotta shysters out there that'll just bandage up a problem and at the first time you romp on it, it unmasks a nest of snakes that after you buy/trade, you're married to.

Just make sure it's solid, and not a piece of crap. I don't know what kinda shape your bug is in, but you couldn't GIVE me an aircooled VW; I simply loathe them. But if it's in nice shape, don't cheat yourself. If it's not a fair trade, don't let this guy come up on you.

thanks for advice guys.

Just got done talking with him he seems like a real nice and straight forward guy. it has a rebuilt L20 in it with new clutch, hes had lowring springs and blocks that he took off so it would sit at stock hight. There is no rust anywhere not even in the floors. The only cons I can really tell are the plastic racing seats and no back to the rear seat. He's gonna come over tomorrow se we can both drool over eachothers cars. lol