510 for sale in the chula vista pick a part

OniZ

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Useless.

How is this useless? The guy is posting that there's a decent 4 door at a junkyard's for sale lot....so if he didn't post anything how would you or anyone else on this forum that wouldn't have gone there even know? Seriously you're expecting a little too much for someone especially a newbie to post pics of something. If I was down there close by I'd take a drive down there...but that's just me. At least we all know there's one there, hopefully someone will go and snag it, then post pics here :)

Edit:

Oh and for those wanting more details you might want to just give them a call. Here's the yard info, hopefully this isn't 'useless'

880 Energy Way

Chula Vista, CA 91911-6111

(619) 482-3770

Edited by 71DIMER
added yard info
How is this useless? The guy is posting that there's a decent 4 door at a junkyard's for sale lot....so if he didn't post anything how would you or anyone else on this forum that wouldn't have gone there even know? Seriously you're expecting a little too much for someone especially a newbie to post pics of something. If I was down there close by I'd take a drive down there...but that's just me. At least we all know there's one there, hopefully someone will go and snag it, then post pics here :)

Edit:

Oh and for those wanting more details you might want to just give them a call. Here's the yard info, hopefully this isn't 'useless'

880 Energy Way

Chula Vista, CA 91911-6111

(619) 482-3770

:fu:

Just an FYI, there was a white 510 wagon was for sale in my local pick-n-pull for $1600, after a week of being there a guy I know went there and got it for $700, so don't be afraid to give them an offer, and it helps if you have it on you. The only 'bad' thing is that it'll probably come with a salvaged title since it's being sold at the yard but for our age cars, it's not a real issue.

Looks like a good candidate for parting out. And most of the time the pull and save vehicles are high markup. If it takes them too long to get a sucker to pay what they want, they may sell for less, unless they bought it for too much.

I'd say 6-700 would be a decent figure, then part/chop the entire thing out depending on rust. Looks great to me, but we all know how that "great" 510 turns out to not have anything left, as someone mentioned being able to see the supports through rust.

Heres my not so "useless" take on this. The car will NOT sell for $1500 & will eventually end up in the yard. But,,,,,,,,,,im sure a call will be made to "friends" & any good parts will dissapear before anybody knows its out. If it was in the yard & it wasnt raining id go investigate..half off on rain days :D