Sway bars for sale

Ok guys & gals i decided now's the time to make a few sway bars & try & sell a few. I was supposed to make one for Lynch420 last year but life got in the way [i still owe you one:D]. This part will bolt directly onto a leaf spring rear suspension. The models i know for sure it'll fit are..520, 521, 620 & 510 wagon. If you own a B-210, 1200 or any other Datsun w/ leaf springs your axle may be narrower. In that case i can simply change the dimensions so it'll fit your car. I will supply the brackets & all hardware needed to install it. I made my 1st one today for Mario [71dimer] & it only took a few hours. Also keep in mind i can make different center section designs just let me know what you want. Ok the pics...........

center design

1259778762.jpg

top bar is 1 piece BTW

1259778768.jpg

center design is welded from behind so you get a clean look.

1259781898.jpg

1259781903.jpg

brackets welded in place

1259785406.jpg

& then a few coats of primer

1259787163.jpg

I can also paint them w/ automotive paint / clearcoat.

Prices are $100 in primer & $125 painted. This includes shipping unless you live in Europe :lol:

I also work for trades so lemme know what you have.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sway bars are spring steel and not tubing. They are mounted like this:

64-72_gm_a-body_extreme_sport_rear_sway_barproducts53image_2.jpg

Lifting or lowering the arm on one side causes the center section to twist and try to move the other side up or down. Of course the other side will resist and help cancel the movement on the first side. They definitely look cool but I would not call it a sway bar.

Sway bars are spring steel and not tubing. They are mounted like this:

Lifting or lowering the arm on one side causes the center section to twist and try to move the other side up or down. Of course the other side will resist and help cancel the movement on the first side. They definitely look cool but I would not call it a sway bar.

That’s what I was thinking... Can't see this design working like a "sway bar" does...

Later

Joel

Thats more like an axle stiffener, no?

Some sway bars are tubing, for example, stock ones off of a 240sx. Not all sway bars are solid steel.

Makes sense as a larger diameter tube is stiffer (torsionally) than a smaller diameter solid bar with the same amount of metal, or else all driveshafts would be 1" diameter.

Ok i suppose technically what im selling is'nt considered by some to be a "sway bar" but i do notice that every car / truck ive had this mounted on handles turns alot better. For lack of a better term i chose to name this "sway bars for sale".

Prices are $100 shipped in primer....$125 painted.

Got started on another "bar" today.....

whats a 0 2 6 ?

1260395437.jpg

got the #'s cut out then filed all edges smooth...

1260395433.jpg

got the 2 welded & ran out of wire..ill trim the 0 & this is how they'll look...

1260395428.jpg

i dressed the welds on this one, if all goes well this will get chrome plated...

1260395422.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.