See through tires

Jassifrass

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michelin's Corporate site on the tweel. http://www.michelin.com/corporate/front/templates/affich.jsp?codeRubrique=115&codePage=115_27042006170738&lang=EN

It came out in 2005 but has not been sold to anybody for retail Automotive use.

some video... They are "Michelin Tweel's"

Edited by 72 327

they have to stay flexable on the outside for them to work right...The info I read on them says that they are only good for 200 whp and currently only have a 10,000 mile life until they break or malfunction. Doesnt look like any other info on them since 07'.

manufacturers have been usin em for ages

they're runflat tyres and pretty crap to drive on really. they've normally got sidewalls and look like normal tyres

Not really. Regular run-flats are still pressurized. They run better (and cooler) when aired up, they just don't collapse like regular tires when flat and let you get to somewhere to fix it.

i think they said that once they're done then you replace the whole assy, not just the "tire"..... been a while since i heard much on em that wouldnt make much since to me unless they made it completely recyclable and not outta some kinda plastic