L20B "Black widow" motor

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Guys high...No way that motor with those specs makes close to 250HP. He might be leaving some shit out. 160-170 is more believable. I had to spend 4 times that amount to get mine over 200. And whomever said you have to go extreme to make over 200 hp on an L28 is mistaken. I had a 1970 Z with an L28 with an E31 head....blah blah blah...made just over 200 HP N/A. I had 3 grand in the motor. If you know what your doing i.e. the right combinations, you can make a lot of power staying N/A. You just got to break the bank to do it.

And whomever said you have to go extreme to make over 200 hp on an L28 is mistaken. I had a 1970 Z with an L28 with an E31 head....blah blah blah...made just over 200 HP N/A. I had 3 grand in the motor. If you know what your doing i.e. the right combinations, you can make a lot of power staying N/A. You just got to break the bank to do it.

it takes some decent work, nothing Id call extreme tho. but for me to call extreme would have to go building a custom twin cam head out of chopped up KA24 heads for your TT L28 (hybridz members doing), now thats extreme :eek:

your usual head work, bore/stroke, cam, programmable EFI/carb set up, ect. can be a lot of work but its standard procedure stuff

6 to 8 grand in a six cylinder motor to produce "just" 250 rwhp

:lol: at that point Id slap a turbo on there and get that much for ~3k

maybe Ill have to build an L28 on a Ratsun budget and see how much I can get out of it :P

You gotta love the dude's enthusiasm though. I love his description.

"This engine is not for beginners or kids."

"This motor will stomp ass on just about anything."

"Plus NO COMPUTER, NO MILLON WIRES NO BULLSHIT..JUST OLD SCHOOL RELIABLE POWER.."

How would you like to pop the hood an show off a "Black Widow" L20B?

I loved the ad even though I agree, 250hp is a stretch.

And I agree, what's with the dual DGV's?

The "Black Widow." Classic. It's not even a car, it's only the engine!

Guest kamakazi620

I just reread his add,He said he had 2 motors maybe he means 250hp with both motors combined!?!? 125 per motor.Also painting the block adds like 45-60 hp rust on block adds like 65-80 hp

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.