introducing...beaner!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's almost as cool as an AMC Pacer...I remember one of my favorite Hot Wheels back in the day was the "Packin Pacer" :P

I've heard the motors are pretty stout, many build them for sand-rails :eek:

i've had many amc's their great. my last one was a4 door hornet bored 40 over. ugly as mud, but could hold its own.:D

• Like 1
BTW-the "exploding Pinto thing" was all bullshit.

exploding - BS!

burst into flames while parked from a 10mph rear ender - confirmed! :eek:

i watched it happen @ school standing next to the owner.

the auto shop teacher said that would never happen to his bobcat. :lol:

BTW my goon is 'the bean' AKA 'el frijole'

exploding - BS!

burst into flames while parked from a 10mph rear ender - confirmed! :eek:

i watched it happen @ school standing next to the owner.

the auto shop teacher said that would never happen to his bobcat. :lol:

BTW my goon is 'the bean' AKA 'el frijole'

Sorry,but there are details you or i donj't know.But the Pinto thing as a whole was fabricated by the media.Just like the GM truck saddle tanks.Just like the Firestone tire thing with the Explorer.

Sorry,but there are details you or i donj't know.But the Pinto thing as a whole was fabricated by the media.Just like the GM truck saddle tanks.Just like the Firestone tire thing with the Explorer.

You say it was fabricated by the media so matter of fact right after scolding him to say there are details you don't know. Idk how that makes sense......

FACT:

1. we were standing across the street and could clearly see the purple pinto parked against the curb (legal)

2. some stupid lady swerved for unknown reasons going appox 10mph. it is a school zone and school was over.

3. she rear ended the pinto. only in the left 1/2.

4. within a minute it was fully engulfed. no one was injured.

5. the gas tank design was flawed (no recall) as is was easily punctured in a rear end accident. media hype???

6. it is a slightly different setup in the bobcat (mercury)

Fact:

1)With over 2 million Pintos made,their"flammability"ratio was in line with other car models of all makes.

2)The car that started all the media "hype"was stationary on the side of the road and was rear-ended at 50+ MPH.Almost any car of the day would get BBQ'd if rear-ended at 50+.

3) This car also had no gas cap.It had a rag stuck in the filler neck.

thats a relief to know. i'd hate to blow up in a pinto. almost makes me wanna reconsider and wait for that 240z thats out there looking for me.....;)

• Like 1
Fact:

1)With over 2 million Pintos made,their"flammability"ratio was in line with other car models of all makes.

2)The car that started all the media "hype"was stationary on the side of the road and was rear-ended at 50+ MPH.Almost any car of the day would get BBQ'd if rear-ended at 50+.

3) This car also had no gas cap.It had a rag stuck in the filler neck.

thanx for the clarity.

• Like 1
i love it. u gotta badass bean! cant wait til doc gets mine ready for me!

Agreed...earlier front end is sooo much better. On a side note..I had a chance to buy one with a built 302 in it awhile back...kicking myself for not doing it, it was a pretty solid car.

i love it. u gotta badass bean! cant wait til doc gets mine ready for me!

That one's not mine, just one I found on the net.

Mine was an Orange, AT. We painted a red and white bullseye target on the trunk with 'I DARE YOU' in spray painted military stencil letters. That car was famous, people definitely stayed clear of it. I often left it in a parking lot and came back to find the parking spaces on all sides were empty...:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
My suggestion would be to be safe put some metal in front of that gas tank.

upon some inquires we found out that ford had a recall because of the fuel tank catching on fire in rear end crashes and thats exactly what they did. from what we were told ford just put a piece of thin metal inbetween the fuel tank and the rear of the body to prevent fire