introducing...beaner!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You take the number of units in the field, A and multiply by the probable rate of failure, B. You then multiply that by the average out of court settlement, C. You get X.

If X is less then the cost of a recall, they don't do one.

Happy Tenth Anniversery Fight Club.

But that doesn't mean this formula isn't applied in the real world.

• 2 weeks later...
upon some inquires we found out that ford had a recall because of the fuel tank catching on fire in rear end crashes and thats exactly what they did. from what we were told ford just put a piece of thin metal inbetween the fuel tank and the rear of the body to prevent fire

Yep, now gimme more pics you two!!!! :mad::mad:

Yep, now gimme more pics you two!!!! :mad::mad:

not any progress pics because i havent made any real progress except for taking some things apart for replacement. i guess i am too lazy to work on it at night after working on everyone elses junk. here are some pics of a pile of money tho:lol:

used weber 34/34 carb ebay steal $50 plus $18 shipping (hey why not it was cheaper than a rebuild kit $45 and the acc pump was shot on the old one)

34bottom.jpg

34topagain.jpg

34top.jpg

new fuel pump

fuelpump.jpg

old pressure plate (notice the groove?)

groved.jpg

new clutch set (pressure plate,clutch disc,throw out bearing,pilot bearing)

newbox.jpg

newdisc.jpg

newset.jpg

the only real progress is that i resurfaced the flywheel with new dowel pins installed (had to resurface this because it had a groove like the old pressure plate) (had to replace the dowel pins because the old ones broke upon removal:mad:)

resurfaced.jpg

hopefully all these new parts will be installed this weekend if i am not lazy but so far the transmission is out the fuel tank has been taken down and cleaned out and reinstalled the old fuel pump is off the old carb is off all rubber fuel lines have been replaced with new and i am probably forgetting some thuing i have already done but who cares right:p

I heard some funny shit and thought of beaner. :D

PINTO -

Put In Nickel To Operate

Paid Inspector Nicely To Overlook

Put In New Transmission Often

HOW DO YOU DOUBLE THE VALUE OF A PINTO?

Fill it with gas!

A man pulled up next to a little girl walking home from school and said "If you get in, I'll give you a lollypop." The girl kept walking. Following along slowly, the man said "Come on and get in the car with me and I'll give you two lolly pops." She kept her eyes on the sidewalk and continued on her way. The man said "Get in with me and I'll give you this whole bag of lollypops!" Finally, the girl turned and said "Look daddy, YOU bought the Pinto, YOU ride in it!!!"

BTW love the pack o reds in the pics... I think I'll have one now...