introducing...beaner!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HIGHLY Recommend the Turbo Thunderbird Swap.

T5 5spd transmission

2.3L version of the current bastard motor with a Garret turbo unit

Fuel injection

Almost a complete bolt in. The FI is the hardest part of the swap.

The swap was also available in the Merkur XR4TI

Ray

just an update with beaner.... i still driving it like i stole it! he's turned into my daily driver. i dropped the exhaust on him yesterday and spent half the night wielding it back together. LOL! it was all good. i guess it was just as rusty as the back floorboards are and my heavy foot blew it off at the manifold. it was just a shame it was so cold. i had to stop and buy a cold drink on my way home just to warm my hands...... :P

• Like 1

Sorry,but there are details you or i donj't know.But the Pinto thing as a whole was fabricated by the media.Just like the GM truck saddle tanks.Just like the Firestone tire thing with the Explorer.

if beaner happens to get rearended and explodes, my husbands wants me to be in it. i guess then he wouldn't feel like he wasted his money buying it for me. :D

• Like 1

has to be your daily driver cause i took my volkswagen back and your olds has no tags or insurance and is a p.o.s but the pinto has no brake lights and no insurance unless you got some because i cancelled it monday but glad to hear that all my parts i bought and all my hard work in the cold and rain and snow are working well for you but you need to make a payment before i send someone out to reposses it

• Like 1

almost forgot but you may need to fix that fuel leak were its leaking out of the float bowl i think it may have a small crack in it or just a bad gasket not sure i didnt spend too much time trying to find out were it was coming from i just noticed it and you may want to get your man to fix it for you before you have a under hood fire caused by fuel leaking onto the plug wires and the top of the distrubitor cap

• Like 2

you may also need to get a air filter for that car because it does pop back through the carb a little bit and that will/could also cause a under hood fire and if you do not run one you also take a risk in ruining the valves and carb also by dirt/trash in the air

you need one like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Bug-Beetle-Chrome-Air-Cleaner-for-Progressive-Weber_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c0f24056cQQitemZ120513103212QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

beaner got new shoes finally. i'll post pics when i wash the mud off. :cool: i've also suceeded in wrecking it. :P i hit a patch of ice one morning on my way to work. no harm done though. it just landed in a ditch bass ackards. :blink: and... woo hoo! the bean hasnt blew up even though it has a new gas leak daily :( where's my mechanic husband at when i need him :P

• 3 weeks later...