Just Another Wagon Thread

DRIVEN

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. Hopefully my problems are behind me. The only thing I can't replicate is the weather. Seemed to happen more on warmer days. Guess I'll find out next summer.

In storage for the winter.

Sounds to me like you got a good handle on it :thumbup:

Hopefully you won't find out next summer ;)

Enjoyed your driveline shottening writeup how-to as well.

The EFI relay for my Ford truck was operating intermittently , and causing an erratic miss that came and wen't at idle and a slight rich condition at the same time (worse mileage). I tested and worked with the system as best I could prior to.

$18 later , a new EFI relay ,2 minutes of work and butter smooth now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My best pass was a 15.99 and my best light was a .003.   It ran mostly in the 16.00-16.10 range.  My car isn't that fast and I'm not a great racer but dumb luck was on my side and I made the top 3 in the street tire division.  On my very first pass of the day I broke my shift knob off leaving me with only a 4" shifter with a jagged hacksaw cut end to grab.  Didn't help consistency much at all.  Still, the car ran great and I beat the everlovin' shit out of it.  I got knocked out because I slowed down my dial-in then broke out.  If I had just stuck with my original dial-in I would have won that round putting me in the final round.  Oh well, there's always next year.

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

The car and I are still kickin' around.  Just popped in to see if anything was new in the last couple years.  I bought a place in Idaho a couple months ago and will be moving over there after my daughter graduates next spring.  Haven't decided if the wagon will make the move with us or be up for sale.  It's been trouble free and fun but I have too many cars at this point and will be without a shop for a bit while we're building the new house.  Might just be simpler to sell the car and move the cash.

• Like 1

Northern half of Idaho, or southern?  Top half is beautiful!  We'd like to go the other direction.....closer to the coast.

The wagon runs/drives.....I'd probably sell off everything that doesn't first. :)   hmmm.......but I did the opposite....I sold off the ones that ran/drove and kept the ones that don't.....no wonder I'm not making any progress! lol

• Like 1

Town of Marsing, population 1,031, about 20 miles SW of Boise on the west bank of the Snake -- AKA wine country.  We bought 5 acres on an eastern facing hill with a pretty nice newer mobile already on it at the bottom of the slope.  We'll be building at the top of the lot (where the pics were taken) and moving the mobile out after construction is done. 
getPart_zpslhy1zoof.jpg

Depending on what's left in the budget, hopefully a nice shop will go just this side of the row of trees.

getPart_zpsvn1ouqix.jpg

My wife and I already have jobs lined up.  I'm super excited.  She's not quite 100% convinced.

• Like 4

Thanks, Mike.  It hasn't really felt like home around here for many years.  Too crowded, too noisy, too many people.  I have friends and family over there so I expect it'll be an easy transition.

Now for some Datsun content...

Built some wheels.  Started with a set of Roadster wheels and a set of 15X7 Jeep rims.0012_zpsb265e6b5.jpg

001_zpsbef8178e.jpg

Also cut the centers out of the Roadster rims and trimmed them to fit the (upside-down) Jeep hoops.

510wheels_zpsenia7e45.jpg

Alternated MIG beads on the inside perimeter...

getPart_zps1an6rrmn.jpg

Subletted the TIG welding on the outboard perimeter to Draynor because I wanted it pretty.

getPart%2025_zpst34rywd7.jpg

getPart%2024_zpszbjw9ftn.jpg

They were painted Kia Tuscan Olive which has a gold flake that plays well off the butterscotch.  Doesn't translate well in my photo but Indy took some that popped better.  The valve stems are on the inside.

getPart%203_zpsvrpp2ubd.jpg

getPart%204_zpsju2g0vsz.jpg

I have purchased a set of new repop caps since the last photo was taken.  Bright chrome looks better. They sure aren't light but the result is what I was looking for.

Also did some ball joints and tie rod ends.  I have some axle bearings to do but haven't gotten to it yet.

• Like 5