Anybody know who owns this?

Anybody have any information on who owns this?

P1010265.jpg

Really want to know what brake setup he's running. Looks like a 12 or 13'' rotor with a 4 piston Wilwood caliper.

Anybody know how to get a hold of this guy?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy i bought my truck off of is his friend. I actually talked to the owner of the red truck at the show because i was interested in the same thing.

He told me it was a one-off custom brake setup. He is still running the 6-lug pattern with custom hats, rotors and brackets.

the guy i bought my truck off of is his friend. I actually talked to the owner of the red truck at the show because i was interested in the same thing.

He told me it was a one-off custom brake setup. He is still running the 6-lug pattern with custom hats, rotors and brackets.

sounds like that one off set up needs to go to market... I would love to have that brake combo on my 620, I love the brakes on my wagon (12" rotor and a 4 piston Wilwood) even with stock drums on the rear I can still out brake alot of newer cars on the road.

They have Willwood setups for Z-cars. Front and back. They run about $1000 each. (so 2 grand for all four corners) I seriously doubt that if they had them for the 620 that there would be more than a couple sales nationwide.

Since the late 620 uses ball joint spindles, why not find out if the Wilwood is available in any 6-lug configurations. Then just buy that spindle, put the Willwood setup on there and install it on your ball joint 620. (or after you convert to ball joints)

You'd want the spindles to be for a rig with similar track width and wheelbase so that the ackerman would be close. The conversion parts wouldn't be cheap no matter how it's done.

The guy in Salem did a custom one off setup for somebody, then tried to sell more. I don't know that he did.

Brandon (fineline) is actually talking with some guys in cali about doing a wilwood setup based off of the brackets we're making for the 300zx calipers. He's trying to get hooked up with a machinist that will make them out of billet aluminum. Apparently the wilwood parts aren't much more than the z31 parts.

Brandon (fineline) is actually talking with some guys in cali about doing a wilwood setup based off of the brackets we're making for the 300zx calipers. He's trying to get hooked up with a machinist that will make them out of billet aluminum. Apparently the wilwood parts aren't much more than the z31 parts.

that would be me and a few friends of mine after buying the 300zx calipers and the core charge the wilwood calipers are about the same price and if you can figure out how to mount a hatted rotor it wouldnt be much more than the rotor Brandon uses

Anybody have any information on who owns this?

P1010265.jpg

Really want to know what brake setup he's running. Looks like a 12 or 13'' rotor with a 4 piston Wilwood caliper.

Anybody know how to get a hold of this guy?

He is a good friend of mine I'll call him and see if he would be willing to part with any info on it. I happen to own a machine shop. If you guys come up with any ideas for the brackets I can make them.

thanks any info would be awesome his truck is what I want mine to be exept I dont plan on painting mine maybe a good coat of drab green primer :D try to get a few more pics also if you can

Clayton

nice wagon by the way...

That stuff aint cheap. The Datsun market gets pretty limited when you start getting up that high in price. Think about stainless lines, pads, hardware and you have a couple of hundred right there. Then you still need calipers, rotors, hats and brackets. Most of the time, the hats and brackets are custom pieces, so you have R and D and also fab time.

I have a bunch of Wilwood on the front of my 510. Some may have seen it at canby 2007. I have been trying to come up with a good price for the brake kit, but it will still have to be about $900 or so.

Funny though, my Wilwood rotors are warped right out of the box, so I have to get them turned to get rid of my vibrating pedal. How happy would you be if you just dropped a grand and got a wobbly set of brakes? Not sure I want to be on the other end of that exchange.:(

my brake kit cost me $1550 for front 12" rotor and 11" rear, 4 piston up front 2 piston rear Wilwood calipers, s.s. brake lines, all the hardware, brake pads (autocross compound) and a brand new brake master I had everything on my old 2 door and when I bought my wagon I stripped the 2 door and used the front brakes on my wagon...I have about 14k invested into my wagon including engine cost and the original cost of the wagon to me the best money was spent on the brakes so for me even if a Wilwood FRONT kit would cost $1000 for a 620 kit it would be money well spent it only takes ONE time with shitty brakes to turn your day bad because you just rear ended someone or couldnt stop for that jackass that just ran that stop sign and your car/truck could be DONE or worse...you could be dead, give me a good set of brakes I like my life and my cars and trucks just my opinion :)

that does suck about the rotors being warped probably a bad batch I have driven a couple dozen 510's with Wilwood kits and havent had any problems

Wow, thats alot of Wilwood dimes running around out there.

Troy has done around 4 or 5 kits in the last 2 month and has sold around 3 or 4 more mail order, people are willing to spend the money it seems like the people that are doing the kits are also doing alot more engine builds suspension, the hole nine yards are the older guys that had a 510 back when they were younger and have the money to build now what they wanted then

Hi Folks. Mr. datrod called me last night as you all wanted more info on the brake set up on my 620. The person who did the conversion at the time was doing conversions for 510s which I purchased a set up for my BRE car. It was a well fabricated setup, installed fairly easily, and I was very happy with it. Hence I contacted him to see if he could make a set up for a 620. As a result I provided him with a front hub and a rear axle and 6 months later (and a few thousand bucks) the conversion was done. It was some what on the pricey side but as "green bastard" mentioned above, there was quite some R&D (develop drawing/blue prints, mock-ups to make sure everything worked then fabricate, etc.) to make the first kit. I believe he retained all the blue prints so future kits I would imagine would be somewhat cheaper as the R&D is all done.

Anyway, I forward him an email last night giving him a head-up that people are interested in his 620 brake kit and if he wanted me to pass his contact info along. At the time he was doing this, he was somewhat frustrated with the general public as I understand people were trying to knock down his asking price for the kits and he was considering getting out of this kind of business.

As of this morning I have not received a response back from him, but as soon as I do, I'll let you know. Thanks guys

Hi Folks. Mr. datrod called me last night as you all wanted more info on the brake set up on my 620. The person who did the conversion at the time was doing conversions for 510s which I purchased a set up for my BRE car. It was a well fabricated setup, installed fairly easily, and I was very happy with it. Hence I contacted him to see if he could make a set up for a 620. As a result I provided him with a front hub and a rear axle and 6 months later (and a few thousand bucks) the conversion was done. It was some what on the pricey side but as "green bastard" mentioned above, there was quite some R&D (develop drawing/blue prints, mock-ups to make sure everything worked then fabricate, etc.) to make the first kit. I believe he retained all the blue prints so future kits I would imagine would be somewhat cheaper as the R&D is all done.

Anyway, I forward him an email last night giving him a head-up that people are interested in his 620 brake kit and if he wanted me to pass his contact info along. At the time he was doing this, he was somewhat frustrated with the general public as I understand people were trying to knock down his asking price for the kits and he was considering getting out of this kind of business.

As of this morning I have not received a response back from him, but as soon as I do, I'll let you know. Thanks guys

Thanks for the info... love the Truck, if you have more pics that would be awesome and I would love to see pictures of your 510 too

Hey Folks,

Good news. Paul from Paul's Fab and Performance in Keizer, Oragon is the person who made my brake conversion. He took a couple year hiatus but it seems like he is back and happy to talk with you. I am waiting for him provide me his contact info and I will relay it to you once I have it.

In the meantime I will try to post some pics, but I don't know if it is going to work... Here goes

t_=109077546