Anyone Interested in CF Doors for a 510?

Hey guys im looking to see if anyone is interested in CF Doors for a 4 door datsun 510? Im trying to convince a shop that makes CF hoods fenders etc for all datsuns to start making doors. I hope that there is as much interest in this as i have because of the weight savings. When i was pulling the doors off my 510 they had to be about 60lbs++++ now thats only 1 door. Imagine if the door only weighed 20lbs at the max with the window and everything in it! :eek: that would save 40lbs per door! which is 160lbs with all 4 doors. I know that some of you love your metal doors but im looking to make this skinny bas@rd as light as possible without making it a lexan bubble! :lol: anyway please just let me know how many would be interested in this idea and no its not a COMMITMENT to buying them just an interest to tell my guy how many people might be wanting these awesome doors!!!!!!

Thanks guys and hope we can get this ball rolling! Oh and btw if anyone is interested in CF hood, trunk or fenders let me know cause he will give me a better rate if there is more people involved and we all can save some $$$$$$

:lol:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get quotes for Say 5 batches of 4 door sets. Im interested, I have a guy that was going to make me Carbon Kevlar cards for my 4 door. But if you have a cool design in mind Id be interested in a group buy. Really shouldn't be more than 150 a card. ~125 with 5 sets being ordered.

Get some quotes Im interested.

im not talking about the door panels.... im talking full on CF Doors like these

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/seibon-carbon-fiber-doors-nissan-240sx-s13-8994-pi-11704.html?image=0&osCsid=et5rd893a0fa08searn5550tv6

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/seibon-carbon-fiber-doors-nissan-240sx-s13-8994-p-11704.html

Anyway i have seen the stuff on ebay and its good and all but im looking for basically everything you can take off the car make it CF that would save weight, im not going to go into the "well its not worth it discussion" im looking for big weight savings ie: hood trunk fenders doors etc. Oh and btw im most likely going to get a set of CF fenders that are BRE spec which is like +50mm so if you want the regular please specify.

Again your not obligating yourself to buy anything im just gathering interest and then we can put together how many people actually want the item when i get the pricing squared away.

Thanks again guys and hope im helping someone out here!!!! :lol:

:D I'd like to see how many customers would buy those. Easily $500 each door. hardly anyone buys the hoods as it is.

Actually i he quoted me today to do all 4 doors inside and out with the handles and everything $1500-$2000 so i told him i will let him know and he also said the more people the cheaper. It wont be a huge discount but if anyone else is interested im thinking about putting my order in here in a couple months so i can be the only one rocking CF doors on my 510!

Anyway please PM me if you guys would like to join the club! Would love to get these on another local here and do a photoshoot! :D

Well thanks guys and hope this has helped get a new idea for the 510 community

Get quotes for Say 5 batches of 4 door sets. Im interested, I have a guy that was going to make me Carbon Kevlar cards for my 4 door. But if you have a cool design in mind Id be interested in a group buy. Really shouldn't be more than 150 a card. ~125 with 5 sets being ordered.

Get some quotes Im interested.

For shipping maybe lol, maybe.

Edited by 72240z

hey guys im thinking about ordering a set so that everyone can see the craftsmanship and how the fitment is etc. I will be saving for these for a couple months and keep you all updated on the prgress etc im hoping for these to come out looking OEM with all the hinges etc being made out of CF for the complete CF look. :D

Please let me know if you want a set in the next couple months since im going to be saving for them i could also try to convince him to throw in the CF panels!!!! Especially if we get a couple people that really want them!

thanks for all the support guys!! :cool: