Pay attention

BACARDI_DWB

I swear, people are not paying attention anymore! Yesterday I was driving out from the Metal Mart by my house, and (Luckily) I was following this old guy going 20mph in a 35. we were going like that for a few blocks, i was in no hurry so i just hung behind. Well we came up on a cross section where we had the right-a-way and the cross traffic had a stop sign. Well this one girl completely blows the stopsign, everyone slams on their brakes, the girl panic brakes when she see's the other two cars, slides thru the intersection sideways and hits the curb.

No one was hurt, except for the girls pride. What amazes me is how much I am noticing people not paying attention. I am SERIOUSLY lucky that I did not try to go around the old guy since he was going so slow. If I had I would of been T-Boned.

I don't know what it is, but I am always paying attention to what other people are thinking about doing, I can tell when people are going to get over before they even think about it. I guess I learned that from riding motorcycles, watching how the car sits in thier lane, and how traffic would come to a slow in one lane, most people end up shifting to other lanes to get in the faster lane. I wish others drove with the same thought process as I do, there would be alot less accidents.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know what you mean man last night i almost got tboned (again O_O) in a tacobell parking lot im leaving and this lady comes ripping out out of the drive threw not even paying attention to the fact that 1 there is a car there and 2 that car has the right of way all i know is that if i had gotten hit i would be going to jail for murder after all i just went threw also the same reason i want to get my truck going that thing is a monster let them hit me in that they will not be happy and ill drive away

Ryan,

I am so with you. There have been countless times where I look down the up coming side street and my passenger goes what are you looking at? Sure enough some idiot isn't paying attention and I avoid something. They really don't teach defensive driving anymore or people don't anticipate what the person ahead is doing. Everyone is in their own little ME world. The DMV (at least CA) really needs to get their shi together and test harder, at least for those who actually have a license (read illegals from mex). Glad to hear you are ok

• 1 month later...

I plan ahead. Always looking for possibilities of what other drivers might do, or be doing. I especially keep an eye out for the odd body posture or activity that indicates Cell Phone drivers or Texters.

I do believe that what really ticks me off is when I catch myself doing something that if someone else did it, would tick me off. :(

.... SAFE!

I guess I learned that from riding motorcycles,

i can tell you how many times this has allowed me to avoid them.

If new drivers spent 1 month on a MC in high traffic areas, collisions would be greatly reduced.

ive seen at least 20 accidents from oblivious drivers (even before cell phones :fu: ) that i avoided and the car(s) around me became involved.

after avoiding it being me, i once waited w/a pregnant lady that got T-boned...i thought she was gonna have the baby right then :blink:

hang_510 beat me with the quote... you can't not pay attention riding a bike.

Sexist, whatever. but young chicks driving cars with power, handling and brakes, like BMWs, Mustangs, whatever are the worst. They think that they can just do anything want, but they have no car control knowledge, so if they get in trouble they just panic.

I plan ahead. Always looking for possibilities of what other drivers might do, or be doing. I especially keep an eye out for the odd body posture or activity that indicates Cell Phone drivers or Texters.

I do believe that what really ticks me off is when I catch myself doing something that if someone else did it, would tick me off. :(

chicks an fucking cell phones go hand in hand.. glad im not the only one who noticed that its usualy females that are off in la la land.. my gf wonders why i dont let her drive my car... maybe its cause when i ride with her in her car im holding on for dear life...

I think we should blame texting. I hate that crap.

Do a google search on 'driving while intexticated'. It's obscene. I don't know how anyone could possibly pay less attention to driving than when they are actually looking at a tiny handheld screen and tiny letters, and typing...

I suppose there are other driving activities that are almost as distracting, but usually someone gets arrested for indecent exposure. :blink:

They should have every new driver go thru an auto X school. That way at least they will learn a little car control. I can't tell ya how many accidents I have avoided. being able to control your car is a beautiful thing. :D

Nice! I've been saying that for years. Those with more driving/racing (sanctioned) experience should be allowed much more than those without. I think it should apply to speed limits also, but the problem is the US is too big and has a piss poor attitude when it comes to enforcing driver's education. Shit, in Britain, it's expensive and very hard to get a driver's license. Those without sense can take the friggin' bus.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Moron drivers are everywhere!!

Where I live seems to be the most per capita..:lol:

Our insurance rates are the same as bigger citys in BC,I asked why, they said the volume of accidents.:blink:

Sure glad I get the top discount on Insurance, I would cringe at paying what a N driver has to pay after one at fault claim($300.00 a month,Just ask my son:o)

Graduated licencing we have it in BC.

It does not really make a difference once people are past the L(learner stage)

When they get the N(new driver stage) They seem to think they are professional drivers!:eek::blink:

• 3 weeks later...

:lol: I love observing the driving habits of the general public.

My dad always told me to be a defensive driver even before i thought about holding a license in my hand. "If a ball comes out from behind a parked car you know there is going to be a kid running after it" "If someone is on another cars back bumper you know they are going to change lanes to get around them" "ALWAYS be a defensive driver"

To "train" myself for winter driving i would go out to undeveloped subdivisions and slide around to learn car control on ice and snow on their empty streets.

Not to long ago i avoided someone slamming into the back of my truck. WCR 24, a semi with a 52' trailer was trying to make a U turn on a 2 lane road and couldn't quite make it. I stopped behind a mini van with about 5 ft between us. The car behind me was about a 1/4 mile back so i flashed my hazards and brake lights to warn them that traffic has come to a stop. With about 20 ft left and the car wasn't looking like it was going to stop i put the truck in first and moved to the right side of the mini van just in time to see the car slide to a smokey stop about 2ft behind the van.... I signaled to the driver that he needs to keep his eyes on the road as he turned to me with the "deer with the headlights" look. Im sure his steering wheel had nice comfy deep grips after that.

PEOPLE :blink:

• 3 weeks later...